Alaska cabin?

Foxtrot1

Does anyone have any recommendations for a cabin in Alaska. We are looking at taking a family trip summer 2023. 6-8 adults and 4 kids. Would love a place that is turn key with boat and all equipment needed for stream and ocean fishing. Sight seeing and close to activities that would keep kids entertained is a plus.

I will throw this out for you to consider. Juneau. Can't speak for the fishing but there are lots of things for family activities. The main reason I went this way is finding rental cars. Rental cars are WAY pricy if you can even get one. Juneau is self contained. If you have to go farther than walking distance there is transportation available.

That would be a tough one. Salt and fresh water with a boat? Maybe try Seldovia, or maybe Cordova areas. Providing a boat may constitute guiding, may be better off renting? Seward has rentals I'm not sure I would venture too far into the salt without some prior experience though. It can get western pretty fast.

There are a couple of places in South east that are set up for self guided. Pretty sure they are on the salt. Not aware of anyone with access to both salt and fresh water and providing boats and gear. Alaska rivers are generally pretty thin and the bottoms can be pretty hard.
We did it for 20 years, provided both self guided and fully guided trips out in Bristol Bay. Sold the place last fall. New owners are not going to provide such an operation but there is a market for it. I would also check internet listings for Bristol Bay as somebody will step in to fill the void. There is absolutely nothing to do out in Bristol Bay if you are not into fishing however. Yes there is Brooks Falls, one and done in a half day for bear viewing, maybe some flight seeing but typically not the place to go if you’re not into 45 degrees, windy and raining on the 4th of July.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back