MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Airport Executive Raided and Killed By Feds

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to conduct the early morning raid at his home when he went to work everyday. They could have just arrested him at work, or on the way there and rolled back to his house. They wanted the confrontation because they knew what the likely outcome would be. They want to keep sending a message.

No need to conduct the early morning raid at his home when he went to work everyday. They could have just arrested him at work, or on the way there and rolled back to his house. They wanted the confrontation because they knew what the likely outcome would be. They want to keep sending a message.
Not sure about your last two sentences. It does seem like they’re asking for a bad situation to occur when they’re at the home in the dark. It does seem safer for all parties to issue the warrant at his workplace.

Not sure about your last two sentences. It does seem like they’re asking for a bad situation to occur when they’re at the home in the dark. It does seem safer for all parties to issue the warrant at his workplace.
I'm not sure I agree. Most likely the guy was packing CCW is just a guess. Would it have been better to have this occurred in a public airport while he was on the premise? The best scenario may have been to/from work but again the element of surprise is taken away, and that operation would open many more variables. As we all know early morning search warrants hoping to catch suspects in bed are normal practice.
Just a bad deal all the way around and the guy made his decisions and paid for those decisions. Nobodies fault but his own in the end.

In a nutshell per the article: He purchased over (edit) 150 guns and sold some (all) of them legally by way of private party transfer, which does not utilize backgrounds checks (over a period of 3 years). Some were sold 24hrs after purchasing privately for himself. A few (6?) of those sold firearms may have been used in crimes, and some may have been sold to prohibited persons. No proof of arrests of those prohibited persons was given at this time, or proof he sold it to that exact person, or if they sold it afterwards to the prohibited person. He also sold gun(s) to 2 undercover agents at a gun show, and was behind a booth at a gun show selling guns. Possibly falling under FFL laws? Again, no proof of a crime yet. So they raid him in the worst way possible with a pre-dawn no-knock warrant (constitutionally questionable). He opens fire at (unknown?) intruders, they fire back killing him (at hospital later). Innocent until proven guilty shot dead by the ATF.

Moral of the story:

If you are a private citizen following your state laws about selling firearms privately, the ATF may raid your house by busting down the door unannounced before dawn, and kill you.

If you are the ATF, you can straw purchase guns, run them across the border Mexico for the cartels, defy congress, and retire suckling the teat of the taxpayer you fleeced and )&"$3d.

How is this related to a hunting forum? We use guns to hunt animals, obviously, and we purchase them in many different ways, including private party sales (not in my state unfortunately). As the government targets legal gun owners through continuous violations of the second amendment, its extremely important we pay attention and fight back. The actions of a tyrannical government causes unnecessary harm to the free citizens of this country - emotionally, physically, and monetarily - all of which are being used to take away our inalienable rights.

Was Byran Malinowski breaking the law? Was it to the extent that a no-knock pre-dawn raid of his home was warranted? We need to pay close attention to the facts presented because as of now, they do not add up to the deadly force used.

A little known change to law enforcement terminology (not in every jurisdiction). Instead of armed AND dangerous, denoting a separation between the two, it has become armed IS dangerous, leading to the possible use of deadly force for any interaction with an armed individual. Let that sink in and this case makes more sense.

In the coming response to him buying and selling within 24hrs - you cannot put a time limit on a right. That was just upheld when a judge struck down the 1-gun per 30-day limit in CA. It was his right to buy and sell it. Thats not a straw purchase unless the money is being funded by the 3rd party. Will be a point to follow in this case.

Last edited:

In a nutshell per the article: He purchased over 100 guns and sold some of them legally by way of private party transfer, which does not utilize backgrounds checks. A few of those sold firearms may have been used in crimes, and some may have been sold to prohibited persons. No proof of arrests of those prohibited persons was given at this time, or proof he sold it to that exact person, or if they sold it afterwards to the prohibited person. He also sold gun(s) to 2 undercover agents at a gun show, and was behind a booth at a gun show selling guns. Possibly falling under FFL laws? Again, no proof of a crime yet. So they raid him in the worst way possible with a pre-dawn no-knock warrant (constitutionally questionable). He opens fire at unknown intruders, they fire back killing him (at hospital later). Innocent until proven guilty shot dead by the ATF.

Moral of the story:

If you are a private citizen following your state laws about selling firearms privately, the ATF may raid your house by busting down the door unannounced before dawn, and kill you.

If you are the ATF, you can straw purchase guns, run them across the border Mexico for the cartels, defy congress, and retire suckling the teat of the taxpayer you fleeced and )&"$3d.

How is this related to a hunting forum? We use guns to hunt animals, obviously, and we purchase them in many different ways, including private party sales (not in my state unfortunately). As the government targets legal gun owners through continuous violations of the second amendment, its extremely important we pay attention and fight back. The actions of a tyrannical government causes unnecessary harm to the free citizens of this country - emotionally, physically, and monetarily - all of which are being used to take away our inalienable rights.

Was Byran Malinowski breaking the law? Was it to the extent that a no-knock pre-dawn raid of his home was warranted? We need to pay close attention to the facts presented because as of now, they do not add up to the deadly force used.

A little known change to law enforcement terminology (not in every jurisdiction). Instead of armed AND dangerous, denoting a separation between the two, it has become armed IS dangerous, leading to the possible use of deadly force for any interaction with an armed individual. Let that sink in and this case makes more sense.
Guys who didn’t do anything wrong generally don’t shoot at cops. I’m thinking more will come out here.

Guys who didn’t do anything wrong generally don’t shoot at cops. I’m thinking more will come out here.
Only exception is if he didnt hear the cops announce themselves during the no-knock warrant. If you awaken me out of a deep sleep, I probably wont hear anything except the sound of incoming danger. Id expect any reasonable person to defend themselves from an unknown threat. By the time he may have realized it was the police, it was too late. Who fired first will be my next question, along with body cam and security cam footage. Im arguing that until he is proven guilty, he is presumed innocent, as is our right in the constitution. Even in death, you carry that right.

Otherwise, I agree. I hope he was doing something serious enough to warrant the ATF's actions, but given their track record and the current information, Im not seeing it.

Plenty of cases of shit-bag cops killing people they shouldn’t have. Even more cases of “good” cops covering for them.

Plenty of cases of shit-bag cops killing people they shouldn’t have. Even more cases of “good” cops covering for them.
So defund them? 😉
I agree, innocent people are killed by cops with disturbing frequency, and a lot of them are people of color (like Breonna Taylor), and no-knock warrants are just asking for a situation to escalate. But I also think this guy wasn’t just on the ATF’s radar for buying guns and accidentally selling them to a criminal or 2. I would say we can all be confident going about our normal gun buying ways and if we aren’t actually straw-purchasing for gangs or felons, our chances of being raided for said legal purchases are damn near zero.

So defund them? 😉
I agree, innocent people are killed by cops with disturbing frequency, and a lot of them are people of color (like Breonna Taylor), and no-knock warrants are just asking for a situation to escalate. But I also think this guy wasn’t just on the ATF’s radar for buying guns and accidentally selling them to a criminal or 2. I would say we can all be confident going about our normal gun buying ways and if we aren’t actually straw-purchasing for gangs or felons, our chances of being raided for said legal purchases are damn near zero.
The definition of “gang” or “felon” is very fluid. Until cops prove they are better than mob enforcers I hope they get defunded and lose their quantified immunity.

@MT_Fin, circumstances forced me to back out on that Walther deal; so sorry. And, @p_ham, sorry I never paid you for the Model 70, hope you can sell it and make a few bucks.

So long for now. Have to go over to LRH and back out of a few trades made a few months ago.

My wife sure likes her Sako 85 Varmint .204 though. She'll be sad she no longer owns it.

;)

Only exception is if he didnt hear the cops announce themselves during the no-knock warrant. If you awaken me out of a deep sleep, I probably wont hear anything except the sound of incoming danger. Id expect any reasonable person to defend themselves from an unknown threat. By the time he may have realized it was the police, it was too late. Who fired first will be my next question, along with body cam and security cam footage. Im arguing that until he is proven guilty, he is presumed innocent, as is our right in the constitution. Even in death, you carry that right.

Otherwise, I agree. I hope he was doing something serious enough to warrant the ATF's actions, but given their track record and the current information, Im not seeing it.
The anti government/police conspiracies are awesome. Just a FYI…The 6:00 AM time means it was a knock and announce warrant. Additionally, a no-knock warrant would have been served by a SRT/SWAT team. There is a lot of wild speculations from a couple posters on this. I know many ATF, FBI, and DEA agents and they are great people. After over 27 years in state and federal law enforcement the anti-law enforcement sentiment is getting old. The facts of the investigation determine when and where the warrant is served. In most situations, LE will not take the suspect into custody in a public place if the suspect is know to be armed. However, please ignore the obvious facts and carry on with the tin hat conspiracy’s.

Last edited:
Yes and no. If someone starts breaking my door down at any time of day or night, I’ll be concerned it’s a home invasion as I don’t do things that would warrant a no knock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back