Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Age of Marlin 30/30

nidahunter

I am hoping someone that is smarter than me can point me in the right direction. I have my grandfathers 30/30 and am trying to find the age of it. It has a 4 digit serial # starting with the letter D. I found some info, one place (when I entered the serial number) said it was made prior to 1883, and one said 1947 based on the letter D. If anyone knows of a place I can get good info on this it would be greatly appreciated, I cant seem to find any consistent info on these older guns.

It is at a gunsmith now getting looked at but I couldnt see a model number on it, only the serial number.

I am hoping someone that is smarter than me can point me in the right direction. I have my grandfathers 30/30 and am trying to find the age of it. It has a 4 digit serial # starting with the letter D. I found some info, one place (when I entered the serial number) said it was made prior to 1883, and one said 1947 based on the letter D. If anyone knows of a place I can get good info on this it would be greatly appreciated, I cant seem to find any consistent info on these older guns.
Got pics?

Go to the Marlin owners site, excellent information from wise but opinionated people, kinda like here. Should be a great gun depending upon condition. Family heirloom for sure.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back