After shooting the bear...

They stopped in ‘15 and why would you pay $80 for a test that can only tell you definitely if a bear is positive. They can’t accuratly say if your bear is negative so you still prepare it the same way.

Thanks. I was actually just going to edit my post and add the same link. I need to learn to search for things before I post lol

Thank you so much to everyone for all of your input! I've helped a friend with his bear previously. He didn't want the meat at all, so I took it all and had it turned into breakfast sausage (which was AMAZING) at Lower Valley Meats here in Kalispell, MT. But all I did was just cook it very well done, and that was the only way I've eaten it. This gives me good ideas.

I’ve been following this thread for ideas. Great stuff. The finally convinced the boss it was worth shooting another bear (last one was 18 years ago), and I could cook it so it was actually good to eat.

I think the first method I’m going to try is smoking a whole shoulder like a pork butt. Anyone tried this?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back