Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Advice

Leet

Good morning,

the wifwe and I just relocated to Id. Any of you folks have any advice on where to put in for any decent elk and deer hunting in this state? Not looking for your honey holes just a decent chance at drawing and a good hunt. I have not had any time to do any research with all the moving B.S. Than ks for your help.

You lucky bugger!

What are you looking for for hunts, trophy quality, wilderness experience, ez access, or just to fill the freezer?

Also what town are you near? Opportunities abound, give us your needs and we can point you in the right direction.

Close to Twin Falls. Still looking for the Big mule deer. Elk pretty much to fill the freezer. Missed out on the draw for anything else. Would like to chase some chukar again and start doing waterfowl .

I've hunted units 50 and 36a quite a bit. The deer herds in the area aren't real healthy, but improving slowly. Elk herds are doing great. Unit 50 has a controlled hunt for late buck, real tough to draw, but trophy potential is very real. Take a look at the late hunt in unit 44 as well.

Lots of opportunity in the general season deer tag as well.

Drawing a cow tag isn't real difficult and they taste great. I'd recommend unit 50 or 36a, lots of options there.

The chukar I've hunted were off the middle fork of the boise and the owyhees. Lot's of birds if you have a dog and legs.

T-Bone, The unit 44 tag moved there late hunt to combine them with the earl-ier hunt through 11-9. I don't know why they did that but they did.

Leet, A lot of good advice already given. Just about any hunt around your area can be good. You just have to get out and explore.

I hope you get settled in before the hunting season comes.

Don't know much about Idaho hunting now but,I did hunt there about 7 years ago when I live in Boise,up around Orifino.It is good white-tail country also.
If you are looking for big bucks,I seen plenty killed out of the Bear lake,Georgetown area also big bulls(I think this all limited draw).
Best of luck
BBJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malaskabound20032000@yaho
Back