PEAX Equipment

"Adverse Possession" in Texas

Sounds like he spent lots of time figuring out how to screw the system. Wonder if he has a job or just lives off the Gov loopholes for entitlement. He propably makes more than most of us who actually work by taking advantage of every handout possible form social security to food stamps and gets to live in a house worth more than a 1/4 mil that he didn't pay for.

Last edited:
Sounded like a bunch of racist comments on a post just because a man of color was smarter than a whitey!!!

No a bit racist in any way. I can't stand people who who live off of others hard work reguardless of who they are or what color they are. Freeloaders come in all shapes sizes and colors, can't stand any of them.

Living in a house that you didn't pay for doesn't seem right to me.

Wyoming556-
I can't stand people who who live off of others hard work reguardless of who they are or what color they are. Freeloaders come in all shapes sizes and colors, can't stand any of them.
I can't help but think you can't stand a lot of people...most CEOs, managers, owners, etc. of business would fall into this category as most are non-producers. You must not be able to stand a lot corporations as most have found ways to "screw the system". I guess it's all about perspective...I don't necessarily condone what this guy did but if he's smart enough to take advantage of the law, what makes him any different than most businesses finding tax loopholes, getting subsidized by the govt, etc. At least he didn't have to get congress to pass a law so he could take advantage of that law. Don't be mad at the man...be mad at the system that allows it to happen.

If its legal, does that make it right? Seems to me most folks are quick to blame the system. How come nobody can see things black and white, or right and wrong anymore? If something can be clouded into some gray area by the legal establishment, most folks will accept it as ok, or perfectly acceptable :confused:

Sorry, just me ranting. I think I was born about 100 yrs to late.

Cur dog- the reason we judge things based on legal or illegal is because judgment and morals is subjective. Some people think it's "right" to poach...it's not legal but plenty of people think it's right. Law is much more objective (ie. less gray area) than morals. (note I said Less gray area, law still has plenty of gray areas).

I hope I don't offend to many folks here, but I've never been a huge admirer of lawyers.
The new american dream seems to be getting thru life looking for loopholes, taking the easy route, or sponging off of somebody elses hard earned dollar. What ever happened to working for a living?

This fellow might be a great, hard working guy. No doubt, he did his homework, and it paid off bigtime. My concern is with attitude of the American people. Does hard work, sweat, honesty, and perseverence, really get you ahead in this country anymore? I'm raising two little kids following what I was taught by my Gad and Granddad. Am I completely wrong?

You are completely right! Just because someone found a loophole in the system ,what about good character and ethics?

I really can't make a judgment about this guy...but I will say I don't dislike or think a guy is immoral that works hard reading and learning the law and finds "loopholes" to make themselves more profitable or the people they are working for more profitable...I don't consider an accountant an immoral person, yet they use laws/ tax code to maximize the amount a person and business are able to keep. I don't even consider the people who use these loopholes for their own benefit immoral. I'm certain there isn't a person on this site that would give more money to the IRS and not take advantage of any tax code that would reduce or get rid of the amount they pay to the government. I really don't think it has much to do with ethics or character...

You guys are jumping the gun. Bigtime.

He hasn't yet, (and I suspect never will) fully met the requirements for Adverse Possession to be applied and for the property to be his.

Does hard work, sweat, honesty, and perseverence, really get you ahead in this country anymore? I'm raising two little kids following what I was taught by my Gad and Granddad. Am I completely wrong?

Isn't what he did Honest? Sounds like to me he followed the law. Didn't he put in hard work to figure it out ? It really wan't easy. And, e was most definately had perseverence in his journey... I think he followed all your Guidelines.

I'm sure someone that get's paid a lot more then you and me will change the law so he doesn't get a way with what he did and neither will anyone else. It's not about right or wrong, It's about who has more money and who will gain with the money. It's OK for Banks to screw people but when the average Joe does it .... Just isn't right?

I know I'm the Minority in my thinking, but I hope he Wins.

Wyoming556- I can't help but think you can't stand a lot of people...most CEOs, managers, owners, etc. of business would fall into this category as most are non-producers. You must not be able to stand a lot corporations as most have found ways to "screw the system". I guess it's all about perspective...I don't necessarily condone what this guy did but if he's smart enough to take advantage of the law, what makes him any different than most businesses finding tax loopholes, getting subsidized by the govt, etc. At least he didn't have to get congress to pass a law so he could take advantage of that law. Don't be mad at the man...be mad at the system that allows it to happen.

MattK,

Are you really placing most business owners, CEO's, "managers" whatever that means, into a category of freeloaders and "non-producers"? I am not sure where your logic, or lack thereof comes from on this. Someone has to take the lead on this and be in a position to create something from nothing. Just considering the Business Owners you speak of as "non-producers" create over half of the jobs that everyone in this country depend on, your statement is low speed.

I guess you would put people like Steve Jobs, Lee Iacocca, Dave Thomas,Ray Croc, Scott Davis (UPS) and the likes into this category as well, just taking advantage of the poor slobs that made them who they are, oh yea and creating millions of jobs while they are at it....

Curious what you think of the Occupy group? They're just trying to get their fair share right?

Isn't what he did Honest? Sounds like to me he followed the law. Didn't he put in hard work to figure it out ? It really wan't easy. And, e was most definately had perseverence in his journey... I think he followed all your Guidelines.

I'm sure someone that get's paid a lot more then you and me will change the law so he doesn't get a way with what he did and neither will anyone else. It's not about right or wrong, It's about who has more money and who will gain with the money. It's OK for Banks to screw people but when the average Joe does it .... Just isn't right?

I know I'm the Minority in my thinking, but I hope he Wins.

The government bends the working man over daily, but as soon as the average joe sticks it to them hes a bad guy haha Im with you moosie on that one. You can call it a "loop hole" or what ever you want, but its still legal.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back