Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Adjusting a Williams WGRS peep sight

Itsdrdits

I'm a newbie to muzzleloading this yr. I drew a cow elk muzzleloader tag. My future son in law had a muzzleloader that sat in his closet for ~ 7 or 8 yrs that he won @ a RMEF Banquet. Sat in his closet and had never been shot- A T/C Encore Magnum 50X209. Anyway I shot it a few times w/ the supplied open sights(have to shoot open sights in NV). It definitely took some adjusting in that I have been a rifle hunter for 45 yrs w/ a scope. Anyway I ran across this article on gohunt.com about increasing the accuracy of your open sighted muzzleloader by putting on a rear peep and a front globe w/ crosshairs. Well I went to the range today and for the life of me I couldn't quite figure out how to raise the rear peep sight properly. I'm shooting a 290gr Barnes T-EZ w/ 100 gr of Blackhorn 209. At 50 measly yds I'd put the crosshairs right on the bull and was frickin 5" low. Started "dinking" w/ the Williams rear peep and couldn't figure out if sliding it back raised it or lowered it. Mind you there were 30 mile/hr winds but come on that shouldn't make a difference on height. Am I just an idiot or what? Can somebody "spoon feed" me some directions on how to adjust the rear peep properly. I'm guessing I'm missing something super simple. The rear peep is a Williams WGRS for thr T/C Encore. Thanks.

You will have to raise the rear sight as high as you can. Even then I bet it'll shoot low at 100 yards. Williams didn't build there peep sights with enough vertical elevation for longer barreled muzzleloaders. The only one I have got them to work on is a 24" cva wolf. Ive heard some guys are having luck with this sight. http://www.eabco.com/MuzzleLoader02 They are an integrated peep sight in a scope rail and suppose to have more vertical adjustment. Might be able to use the williams if you can find a really short front sight. Hope that helps.

Thank you Van very much for the advice. I'll have to admit I could get the gun on paper last weekend when I had the Williams peep and the factory "glow sight" on the front. But after reading that gohunt. Com article it sounded intriguing. I "took the bait" and ordered the recommended Marble ramp and Lyman globe. After I put the front sight on and looked through the peep I was thinking this is gonna be a great improvement however I'm thinking either put the original fiber optic front sight back on Or try your advice and try the eabco ramp you recommended. I know each muzzleloader loader has it's favorite load but does the bullet & powder charge sound like a good start? Oh, I'm using Winchester 209 shotgun primers.

Sounds like a good start I run 295 power belts with 100gr of 777. Its frustrating til you find a sight combination that works. Williams is no help either they will blame TC and just the opposite if you call TC. Hope it works.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back