a Robin Hood (sort of)

gouch

I Have been shooting a recurve since 1966. Started with wooden arrows then went to aluminum in the late 70s. I tried countless broadheads over the years but have stuck with muzzy for the last decade or so. Well this year I decided to try carbon arrows so I bought a dozen three months ago. Loved them right from the first shot but that was with field points so I tried some broadheads and was pleased that they all shot just as good.

Then I remembered that many years ago I had bought a dozen Zwicky Eskimos but they flew wildly all over the place with any aluminum arrows I put them on so I stashed them away. I dug into my box of miscellaneous archery stuff in order to give them a try on the carbon. They flew perfectly but when I pulled them out of the target one of them pulled free from the insert and stayed in the target. Now today I was out there flinging arrows and daydreaming in the nice warm sunshine and You could imagine my shock when I pulled one of the arrows out of the target and my field tip had miraculously turned into a broadhead. I had pretty much forgotten about loosing that broadhead so I was really thrown for a loop there for a minute. That arrow had gone perfectly into the base of the broadhead and looked just like belonged there. It was on there so good that I had to use vice grips to get it off.

Bonus - probably harder than a Robin Hood.
Love the Zwickey’s. Use them for big game like buffalo here.

Back