A friend's new transportation

dgibson

A rather eccentric coworker of mine loves big trucks. He's in the process of ditching his F250 for this late-70's Unimog:

mog.JPG

It has the shipping wheels installed in this pic (it's coming from Austria, I believe); the "real wheels" are in the bed, and will add another 12" to the height once they're installed. He doesn't hunt, joyride, offroad, or any of that...he'll simply use it as his daily driver and for work around his property. :eek: It has a dump bed that tilts in 3 directions (straight back or to either side), and the sides of the bed swing open to facilitate dumping. PTO front and back for accessories like winches and blades, big Mercedes diesel engine...I think I have penis envy. :eek: The best part is that the local Mercedes repair shop can work on it, and parts are readily available.

OOOH! I want one of those. Thing would be cool with a nice camo paint job. How did he find it?

Nah...it's a 70's model, after all! I think he said he paid in the low 20's for it, but I'm not sure if that included the freight to North America or not. I'll ask and get particulars on who, how much, etc. just so you ALL can have penis envy! :D

That thing would make an awsum hunting rig, you wouldnt even have to get out of it to shoot the game, its almost like a tree stand on wheel ;)

I do think it looks dorky though

Delw

You can see more pics of the truck at the dealer's site, here . That's the dealers, Arnd and Marina, in the pic. And here's what he said about price and shipping:
http://www.redcougar.ca
http://rockymountainmoggers.com

I bought this one for approx CAN$33,000 WHICH TODAY TRANSLATES TO US$26,256.
Some can be had for lots less...some for lots more.
Quite a few different models. Don't know about shipping costs yet. Lots of variables there, too.

Some dealers in the US, but they usually deal in the round-cab style 404, 406 or 416 models which are a lot noisier and less civilized than the newer, square-cab models. There are a lot of model designations for these things and it can be quite confusing until you become more familiar.
See, Mo...this one is CIVILIZED! :D

Well, there you go. Pretty pricey, but not so bad when compared to new trucks with a lot less capability.

If it's 20 grand then we need one. I can have my shop do some custon swivel chairs on top and a 50 caliber for CJ to patrol the border and Del and I can chase yotes around.

Like I said, he's a little eccentric. :D A few years ago he had some sort of Vietnam-era military truck. Pretty cool, but it was a little too rough-riding and noisy inside for me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back