Caribou Gear Tarp

A different mount

sbhooper

I am not all wrapped up in chasing antlers, as I have made clear here many times. A while back, a friend gave me a set of antlers that he found on his place about 30 miles south of where I live. I had to give them their justified place on the wall. I had them put on a fake skull and plaque. I got them back today. What a unique trophy. It is not all about the killing.

Attachments

• 9C1828F0-FFC5-4267-8C3A-B087B2909735.jpeg
    9C1828F0-FFC5-4267-8C3A-B087B2909735.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
That's really special and one of a kind.

Several years ago, I was hunting Iowa on public ground. Saw a younger 8 point several times throughout the hunt. He had a ball of fluorescent orange bailing twine on top of his head. You could easily see him coming through the tall CRP because the orange twine moving across the top of the grass.

That's really special and one of a kind.

Several years ago, I was hunting Iowa on public ground. Saw a younger 8 point several times throughout the hunt. He had a ball of fluorescent orange bailing twine on top of his head. You could easily see him coming through the tall CRP because the orange twine moving across the top of the grass.
index-6.jpg

Very unique! I've seen deer and antelope with bailing twine wrapped in their antlers/horns, but never an elk.

My buddy never told me, whether or not that was his barbed wire. He thought that it was, as his was the only land in the area with a new fence. The wire was still new-looking when he found them. I am sure that the antlers had a bit more spread to them naturally, but the taxidermist could not get them spread any wider, because of how much of a tight mess the wire is.

Back