A call to end trapping on Public lands

Every time I read the name “ Footloose Montana” I cringe.

Yet another reason to support the National Trapping Association.

Think I will join a Montana based trapping association or two now as well.

Latest figures presented in the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation magazine: (newest addition) Hunting is Conservation - as is Trapping

Hunting & Fishing Licenses
License Sales Generated: $1.5 billion+ in 2015
Fishing licenses: $686 million
Hunting licenses: $821 million

Excise Taxes for Conservation:
Generated since 1937 for State Fish & Wildlife Agencies: $22 billion
Revenue per Year since 2014: $1 billion

Larry was a pretty good guy. He passed away a little while ago, so he didn't have much to do with this. He did work his ass off to get the Hughes Creek road opened though.
Credit where credit is due, RIP. Always uplifting to see recognition of successes in conservation. I used to read Wayne Von Zwoll 1st thing when Bugle magazine arrived. Now the conservation pages come 1st.

I don’t like the way this sounds but then again it is for the greater good so I’m all for that.

Nuthin says Native Root like a log home. mtmuley
I don't know where Larry came from. He was the a District forester for many years. They cut a lot of timber under his leadership. BTW I know that Friends of the Root have had Rooters born and raised in their group in the past.

Not the East Missoula Community Council!!!!!???? Watch out for all those heavy hitters! :LOL: I lived in East Missoula for a couple of years and it cracks me up that there's even an organization with that name.

Every time I read the name “ Footloose Montana” I cringe.

Yet another reason to support the National Trapping Association.

Think I will join a Montana based trapping association or two now as well.
Yep this is great excuse to throw some money towards your state trapper organizations, the National Trappers Association, and/or Furtakers of America. Now those are groups that will step up to the plate to defend trapping. I've always believed hunters and trappers should work together.

Back