Caribou Gear Tarp

9/11/2001 - Where were you?

MarvB

As a volunteer firefighter and soldier, today I climbed 110 flights of stairs in remembrance to those who fell that day and in the years since. For those hardcore mother f'ers who climbed in full bunker with extra air tanks and hose lines, rushing up 110 floors to save their fellow man and for all of those who have died in the subsequent war on terror trying to liberate a country from evil.

Though you’re our neighbor to the north, I still thank you for your service and commitment. Important to keep the memory of ALL those lost alive.

My future son in law, on the left, after his 110 floor climb. He is a full time fireman in the Dallas area and has participated every year since joining up! Thanks again Sask👍🏻

8B1F7B33-A2C3-4363-A4A7-4FFC0591035B.jpeg

JV842

Though you’re our neighbor to the north, I still thank you for your service and commitment. Important to keep the memory of ALL those lost alive.

My future son in law, on the left, after his 110 floor climb. He is a full time fireman in the Dallas area and has participated every year since joining up! Thanks again Sask👍🏻

View attachment 194216
We have a good memorial climb here in San Antonio also, at the Tower of the Americas, good stuff

huntid73

also in 4th grade.

they shepherded a chunk of us into the gym so we could huddle around the little 28" TV on that big roller cart. i think they had others on elsewhere for the other students. apparently our principal had the foresight that this is history and shouldn't shelter us from seeing it.

then i remember my teacher crying in front of all us kids in class some weeks or months later when she learned her army ranger husband was going to be deployed
I was in sixth grade, I remember teachers crying most of the day. My grandma picked me up and was complaining that all that was on the radio was the news...when I got home, I turned on CBS to watch a recap of the events, and can still see Dan Rather crying on TV.

Sytes

I was in the back country of Bridger-Teton Wilderness w/ USFS conducting inspections of Outfitter/private sites for griz compliance (8 day inspection treks). We received the radio call to return asap. Apparently, at the time, we received the call it was a precautionary due to the unknown status of the threat. Only six years earlier, we had the Oklahoma City domestic T attack.

.270Rem

I was on the water working on the other end of Long Island. Had no idea other than very odd traffic on the marine radio. Coworker backed the truck to the boat ramp and got out to tell me the news.

Lost a hunting buddy who was FDNY/Rescue 2 that day and knew several other folks who didn't make it out. Seven years ago had another friend who was FDNY/Rescue 4 fall to cancer from what he was exposed to in the aftermath.

Painful memories for so many.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelman