Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

7x57 brass

mthillrunner

So, I grew up primarily shooting deer/elk with a 7x57. When I graduated high school my dad bought me a 270, that is primarily what I now use. My son is 10 and can now hunt deer/bear here in MT. Fortunately, my dad gave me that 7x57. My brother reloads for me, however, he has no brass for this gun. My son has shot it & the recoil doesn't bother him at all so I'd like for him to use it. Can anyone tell me where I could find some decent brass? I've seen I believe PPU in a couple places, I've never heard of it, is it ok quality. ive been looking and can find only the PPU brass or Norma for basically $1/ea. Thanks for your help

I've been using the normal for my 7x57, pricey but I like the quality

I use PPU in my 7mm-08 and it seems very consistent. The primer pockets are a bit tight but all things considered I think it is as good or better than other brands.

I have 20 once-fired Federal brass sitting in a baggie in my reloading room. You can have them for free if you'd like. PM me if you want them.

Emrah

If you are desperate for 7x57 you can always resize some of your .270 (or .30-06) brass. It is the same case head, just slightly more tapered sidewall and shorter length. Just be sure to anneal, fire form with starting loads, and check cases carefully (as you always should). Reformed brass will handle full power loads, if done properly, but, if you stick with lighter loads they will last longer.

Nosler makes excellent 7x57 brass. Go to the Shooter's Pro Shop site and check it every few days for blemished and over-run productions. You get a pretty good deal on the price on those and they are perfect.

It was hard think time for me a moon, or ninty-nine ago, when I was going to retire my 308 Win and retie my future back to the 7mm.

I bought my 1st rifle with paper route money. A sporterized Spanish small ring 93, in 7X57. ( WAYYYY BACK)

When GOG came out with a special edition Ruger 77, I weighed heavily on my choices. A 7mm08, or a 7X57.

Final decision was the 7mm08, for just this reason. I knew 7X57 brass was, someday, going to be hard to find.

$1 a pop is getting to be more standard, than not. Military brass was back in my young days, not so much now.

If you're Dead Set on reloading the 7X57, just suck it up and spring for the Ka-Ching. Sorry, but dat be whut dat be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back