Caribou Gear Tarp

7mm/08 Drop List

Gunner46

It's been a long Cold winter and I've got all the new reloading done, for now, so not much more to do for another couple of weeks until the rifle range opens back up.

I think there are too many who think that the 7mm/08 is a good starter round for the kids, for the little lady, and such nonsense. So let the true believers show the mis-informed just how good it really is.

I'll start the list of game animals that have fallen to this round, with one of mine. You only need to add one of yours. Let's see how far we can go before one of us has to add their second.

The 1st to fall to the Ruger: WILD BOAR, 150gr Ballistic Tip

4 years of hunting from 12-16 with a 7-08 and I'm thinking seriously about going back to one...

Only add one critter... 2nd year hunting Raghorn Bull Elk 225yds 150Gr Partition. There are plenty more where that came from...

Pictures should be required.
Beef cow. 140tsx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 370
We have two, with a third being added this week.

14 year old son took a cow elk with his at 360 yards and a 140 Nosler Accubond. That one is one of my favorites. Same year he took an antelope at 240 and a mule deer buck at 477.

So...you are right, couldn't stop at just one, but won't mention all the others yet.

FH

Great round for the kids and wife......:D

140 grain Barnes TSX did the job for my son, back when he was 13

Weatherby Vanguard (Howa)

Attachments

• Coda elk.jpg
    Coda elk.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 217
I had my mind on getting the 7mm-08 until I ran across my 270wsm. The 7-08 is a great round.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back