6.5 PRC Christensen Arms Mesa Vs Browning X-bolt Hells canyon

freu1chr

I am thinking of getting a 6.5 PRC in a Christensen Arms Mesa or a browning Hells canyon long range. One of my friends has a hells canyon and loves it. But i have also heard that the christensen arms is a great rifle. the only thing bad i have head is that their bolt is sloppy. i haven't heard anything bad yet about the hells canyon. Just wondering if anyone has any input or experience with these two rifles?

I am thinking of getting a 6.5 PRC in a Christensen Arms Mesa or a browning Hells canyon long range. One of my friends has a hells canyon and loves it. But i have also heard that the christensen arms is a great rifle. the only thing bad i have head is that their bolt is sloppy. i haven't heard anything bad yet about the hells canyon. Just wondering if anyone has any input or experience with these two rifles?
You may also want to check out Bergara and Bergara Premier options in 6.5PRC

The Mesa feels really nice. One day, I'm going to look hard at that rifle.

I just wish christensen would offer more calibers in there left handed models because they look like great guns. Same also goes for browning.

You may also want to check out Bergara and Bergara Premier options in 6.5PRC
Haven’t had a chance to shoot one of the premiers, but a local shop got one in 6.5 and they sure seem like a sweet rifle. It would definitely make my list for consideration in that range, hells canyon is nice too tho. After a couple of browning customer service calls on my A5 I probably won’t buy another one.

I have a couple of xbolts but if I had to choose another off the shelf gun it would be a Mesa or Ridgeline. Dont think you would go wrong with either

I own a hells canyon LR in 7mm RM. It’s a good rifle with a 26 inch barrel. After finding what it liked to eat it grouped well. I took it on a mule deer hunt in Colorado and it preformed great, but once I had gotten back home I noticed a Rust spot had appeared on the receiver. I’m alittle OCD so it’s driving me nuts, especially since it’s cerakoted. I’d give it a 7.5 to an 8 out of 10.

I’ve got the x-bolt hell’s canyon speed in a 6.5 creedmoor. I love everything about it. At one time I also had a mesa in 7mm rem mag, wish I still had it. Very, very accurate rifle. My only complaints were it was fairly muzzle heavy and the forend of the stock was a little too narrow for my liking. I think either rifle would make you very happy, but my preference is for the x-bolt.

I have shot both and both are very nice. Handle them both to see what you like/dislike. I really don't think you can go wrong.

I own a hells canyon LR in 7mm RM. It’s a good rifle with a 26 inch barrel. After finding what it liked to eat it grouped well. I took it on a mule deer hunt in Colorado and it preformed great, but once I had gotten back home I noticed a Rust spot had appeared on the receiver. I’m alittle OCD so it’s driving me nuts, especially since it’s cerakoted. I’d give it a 7.5 to an 8 out of 10.
Confirmed rust? What did you do to take care of it?

I've got a couple Mesas and highly recommend them. They're both about 1/2 MOA guns. That said you're looking at 2 very different types of guns.

I looked at the Browning and the CA before I bought my .300 WM. The Browning Hell's Canyon LR fit me better and I liked the feel of the stock better. I spent a lot of time in Sportsman's Warehouse looking at rifles. Probably to the point of being annoying. I think both are nice rifles. I looked at pretty much every bolt gun they had in .300 WM. The Browning slowly weeded out everything else. And some of it was the caliber that I wanted. My X-bolt shoots very well and feels very balanced to me. I have a VX-6 on it.

I think that is the only drawback of that rifle. The receiver and barrel aren’t stainless (I realize they are Cerakoted). Your situation shows that Cerakote doesn’t stop all rust. I’m not sure why they don’t do the whole rifle in stainless and then Cerakote it?

Back