45acp small primer

millerkiller77

Are any of you actively reloading small primer .45acp brass? I'm curious if there are any advantages of going this route..
I personally only reload 45 in LPP, but am finding more and more my factory loaded Federal and CCI ammo have a SPP.
Is it worth saving?

Smash them all with a hammer. If you have any sort of autofeed primer situation you're just asking for trouble because small primer brass will inevitably get mixed in and screw things up.

Smash them all with a hammer. If you have any sort of autofeed primer situation you're just asking for trouble because small primer brass will inevitably get mixed in and screw things up.
Dillon 750 & RL1100.
I seperate the spp from the lpp before they go into the vibrator, then one more time before tumbling. I haven't had one sneak into my reloader yet but I'm fully aware of the repercussions if one does. Im up to 1100ish once fired (from my handguns) nickel spp 45acp and wondering if I toss them or keep them.

It takes me a long time to get enough to justify loading them, but I use them in IDPA matches where I’m not going to be able to take the time to pick up my brass.

I highly doubt I’ll load .45acp but had a friend complain when the brass that I gave him was mixed spp and lpp. Last time he’s getting brass from me.

I plan to have a 10mm soon so it bums me out that I’ll have to deal with it there still.

I reload small & large primered both.
Depends upon how many of which primers i have on hand at the time.

Shooting wise, you'll be really hard pressed to tell one from the other.

And as it was brought up the other day on another forum, i use the Lee 4 die set on both, without noticing a difference in flash hole size.

Whoever decided to put small primers in .45 acp cases should be shot!

I pick up and reload all of my brass and every so often I get some that take small primers and they jam in my Dillon press.

I crimp all of them with pliers so they never can be reloaded and throw them in my junk brass bucket.

I reload small & large primered both.
Depends upon how many of which primers i have on hand at the time.

Shooting wise, you'll be really hard pressed to tell one from the other.

And as it was brought up the other day on another forum, i use the Lee 4 die set on both, without noticing a difference in flash hole size.
This is one of the reasons I didn't toss them. I always have tens of thousands spp on hand...

Back