40 or 50 mm scope?

Brachii

I’ve read that 50mm scopes may be too big for some rifles and have to be elevated to avoid contact with the barrel, created an awkward eye angle.

Is there truth to this or is that overstated? I have a bergara wilderness ridge (which I believe is the same frame as the remington 700). Will I be able to install and use the 50mm without any obstacles? Thanks!

Depending on the person some 50mm scopes would be best served with a cheek riser the stock. My head is the size of a high school women’s basketball so I’ve never had difficulties getting behind the higher rings.

Depending on the person some 50mm scopes would be best served with a cheek riser the stock. My head is the size of a high school women’s basketball so I’ve never had difficulties getting behind the higher rings.
I’ve got a big head too so that makes me feel better. What about it making contact with the barrel? Is there a chance I have to get a special mounting system to bring it up?

I’ve got a big head too so that makes me feel better. What about it making contact with the barrel? Is there a chance I have to get a special mounting system to bring it up?
I've used 50mm on the majority of my centerfire rifles for years. Have or have had over a dozen mounted only once did I have a issue with it touching with regular rings. It was a Remington 700 VTR thing had a triangular barrel never had a issue with getting it on a standard barrel with standard mounts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back