PEAX Equipment

4 tenderloins?

ammo

You guys ever get an elk with 4 tenderloins?

Husband got an old BIG cow this weekend and when I went to get the TLs, on each side there was a second separate smaller tenderloin under the main TL. Again, she was freakishly large.

You guys ever get an elk with 4 tenderloins?

Husband got an old BIG cow this weekend and when I went to get the TLs, on each side there was a second separate smaller tenderloin under the main TL. Again, she was freakishly large.
All joking aside, no I’ve never ran into that. Kind of interesting.

I’d be “skittish” of that stuff 🤣🤣🤣
the-wolf-of-wall-street-clap.gif

Did you happen to take a picture?
I did not, we were chasing darkness. Will take pics plated up soon :)

Yes, there are two muscles there. The “tenderloin” is made up of psoas major and psoas minor. In big animals, or in some individuals they are more noticeable as distinct muscles. The poor psoas minor gets overlooked a lot.
TIL...thank you! Yes she had big psoas minor.

Yes, there are two muscles there. The “tenderloin” is made up of psoas major and psoas minor. In big animals, or in some individuals they are more noticeable as distinct muscles. The poor psoas minor gets overlooked a lot.
Thanks @Hunting Wife I’ve apparently never been inside an animal large enough for that to make itself known. I’ll definitely be paying better attention from here on out. That’s pretty cool to know.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back