Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

3d archery target with correct vitals placement

magnum44270

Does any company make a 3d target with the vitals and replaceable core in the correct spot (far enough forward). Looking at Rhienhart jimmy big tine, as vitals look correct, but reviews on durability are poor.

Any suggestions?

I have a few McKenzie targets that seem to have accurate vital placement. they have replaceable cores and have held up very well. If you go to local 3D shoots, most clubs will have McKenzies or Rhinharts or a mix of the 2.

I've always wondered why 3d targets don't force folks to aim at the correct spot. Anyone know why that is? Why is the highest value target not on the heart/aorta? Why train folks to shoot away from the most lethal shot? I understand target archery is target, but when you attempt to make the situation more realistic via 3d and put the most vital shot in the wrong spot? ...I just don't get it.

Once you put the target not broadside any ring location will be off. It's target games not hunting

If you want hunting don't aim at the rings. They are slightly off but in the 10 ring is a dead critter

Some targets have the vitals that you can rotate for angles as in further back for quartering away, higher up for tree stands, but to me it’s senseless. I never personally shoot 3D for competition, I just place the arrow accordingly and don’t need vital placement on a target to know if I shot well at that angle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back