Yeti GOBOX Collection

365 Day Fishing License

Arizona has the same 365 day license. I get the resident hunt/fish combo for $57. There is always something to hunt or fish in this state.

California used to run July 1st to June 30th, didn't it? That has always worked out effectively a 365 to me.

California used to run July 1st to June 30th, didn't it? That has always worked out effectively a 365 to me.
Hunting license is July 1st to June 30th. But fishing license is Jan. 1 to Dec 30th. It's still 365 days but for people who don't fish much they are less likely to buy a fishing license if they were to buy one late in the year and it's only good for a couple months. With this new law your 365 days starts from the date you buy it.

It really is a small thing that impacts how many people go fishing - or, put differently, how many people BUY a license late in the year. A politician like Newsome is doing this purely for financial reasons. However, I would like it if it were adopted across the country - it is very practical and with today's computer technology very easy to do.

Back