.30-06 Bullet/Load Selection Process

FAeM6Dfl.jpg

Have been slowly working my way through this wonderful, and large, book. As I understand it, the author took all the major big game animals in North America, over a period of 20-some years. Couple different types of grizzly, big brown bears, musk ox, all the various moose types, caribou of different types, etc, etc...

His rifle & load:

A Rem 700 ADL with a 165 gr Nosler Partition, except for a few of the largest animals (like the coastal Alaskan brown bear) he used a 200 gr Nosler Partition from the same rifle...

Worth noting. I think sometimes we get too wrapped up with rifle & ammo selection.

I think the original poster is on the right track, and it has certainly sparked an excellent discussion! Thank you.

Regards, Guy

Thanks everybody!! Being relatively new to hunting (6th year), and very new to western hunting as well as reloading (1 year), I appreciate all the insight you all have. Ever since the beginning of this adventure, I’ve said the hunting community is the most welcoming group of people I’ve ever met and you all are keeping that tradition alive.

:cool: this is a great forum for honest help and answers. Big Fin runs a tight ship and keeps the pot stirrers and trolls at bay

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back