30-06 ammo shortage?

Seems it is cerain bullets being hard to find in the factory offerings. I know the owner of Freedom Munitions. Will be seeing him soon. I'll strike up the conversation. mtmuley

Yeah if I had a 308 I'd buy their $16/box ammo since that's the going rate for their brass
Well, thanks to your reply I looked it up and bought 10 boxes. I’m in the market for a .308 to play around and maybe hunt with. For that price I’m not so sure I could even load for it today. If it doesn’t group well I’ve got 200 pieces of Norma brass!

I have not seen a box of Noslers in 30-06 in 2 years..........................even from Noslers website.
I sent Federal an email about 3 weeks ago via their "Contact US" link. I asked them if they were still in the ammo business? No response. All they did was send me a ton of their sht spam emails. They haven't had Federal Premium in 7mm Rem Mag in bullets like TSX or Accubond since last Feb & March. If they'd focus more on doing their jobs instead of these she emails they wouldn't have to advertise at all...DUH.

I am glad I handload. The availability of factory ammo will take a long time to recover in my opinion. Meanwhile, I can crank out hundreds of rounds in my basement. mtmuley
I'm starting to wonder if the opposite is true for me. The shelves are full of factory ammo here and I still haven't seen a large rifle primer, or any of the powders I use, since 2020.

Well, thanks to your reply I looked it up and bought 10 boxes. I’m in the market for a .308 to play around and maybe hunt with. For that price I’m not so sure I could even load for it today. If it doesn’t group well I’ve got 200 pieces of Norma brass!
They grouped pretty well for us as target practice ammo. Hottest bargain in the biz right now.

I guess NM & AZ folks hunt elk and know ammo that works and that is why I have not seen any besides oddball calibers ,brands or weights..........
But no Nosler AB 165's. Not even 180's or 155's
No Nosler, No Federals, Not even Partitions or Corelocks......

I'm finding it semi-consistently on shelves in Columbia SC. Heard from an industry insider recently though that a couple of the major rifle manufacturers are really slowing the number of 30-06 rifles they're producing due to lower demand.

Back