Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

3 weeks to go

DavidAk

Still have 3 weeks before my PWS black bear hunt..I'm getting antsy.

I went to the range and sighted in my .375. I'm going to make as many trips as I can between now and the hunt to get a feel for it.

Had a hard time choosing bullets..I like Noslers but could only find them in 300gr and my gun didn't like to group them. I've heard of this but never experienced it before. I settled on Remington 270gr soft points, it shoots them really well. I really like the Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 I put on it.

Anybody have an opinion on how these will perform on a black bear? I reckon it won't be a problem.

I'm also taking my new Bibler tent and gonna test it out.

So..I got 3 weeks to wait, I'm jealous of everyone who's already out doing it!

Good luck!
Dave

Originally posted by DavidAk:
[QB]
Anybody have an opinion on how these will perform on a black bear? I reckon it won't be a problem.

OOps, I meant the bullets...what bullets do you guys like?

Dave

Good luck and hope you do well!!!
biggrin.gif

No advise on the gun or bullets... BUT wanted to wish ya good luck on the bears !!!!! Knock um dead bud !!!!

I use Federal Premiums in 300 grn Nosler and am going to load the 300 grn Noslers in my 375 H&H. I got 1" groups at 100 yards with the Federals. Never got a bear so I can't tell you how it will perform on one. But I would have no doubts that it will do the job and do it well.

Is that the great big canon you showed me last time I was over? That fifty pound gun!
biggrin.gif

Well I for one hope it does...
I want to see a big bear rug in your house when I come down again..
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Back