Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

257 Wby and 120 Partitions

There we go. Very interested to hear about your results.
This is like waiting on next week’s episode....
Nothing to speak of until 70g. Nothing frustrating just nothing worth mentioning. At 70g the rounds started becoming predictable. Group size improved down to about 1-1.25”. The rifle seemed more settled, which was either the barrel beginning to break in or me getting more comfortable with it (brand new rifle). At 71g it shot very well. First two rounds were almost touching, the third shot at 0.75” and the 4th shot on top of the 3rd one. I’d say the 4-shot group was just under an inch. Nosler’s data stated 71gr RL25 was the ticket, and it certainly seems to be with my rifle.

I’m going to retry the ladder test with 70.4, 70.7, and 71.0gr, just to double check, and I will try to let it cool a little more between rounds. It never got hot, but it could have cooled a little more.

Tx, sent you a pm but need to add: let it cool longer than you think it needs, lots of powder/lots of heat

No idea what her load was but I guided a gal four years in a row and she killed four elk with those 120 gr partitions. Pretty impressive bullet.

Nothing to speak of until 70g. Nothing frustrating just nothing worth mentioning. At 70g the rounds started becoming predictable. Group size improved down to about 1-1.25”. The rifle seemed more settled, which was either the barrel beginning to break in or me getting more comfortable with it (brand new rifle). At 71g it shot very well. First two rounds were almost touching, the third shot at 0.75” and the 4th shot on top of the 3rd one. I’d say the 4-shot group was just under an inch. Nosler’s data stated 71gr RL25 was the ticket, and it certainly seems to be with my rifle.

I’m going to retry the ladder test with 70.4, 70.7, and 71.0gr, just to double check, and I will try to let it cool a little more between rounds. It never got hot, but it could have cooled a little more.
Right there with you TBL.
I will do 70, 71 of RL 25 and adjust if needed.
I have a rifle range at work so I will shoot them tomorrow.
thanks for the info, keep us posted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back