25-06 owners

Do you consider 1 moa disappointing with core lokt or winchester power point? Out of a rifle that about $500 to $700 that has never been touched?
I don’t shoot Core Lokt or Power Point bullets.

I sold it to fund a rifle that shoots about as good as it is possible for a rifle to shoot.

Last edited:
I didnt asking you did or not
Well if don’t shoot them, why would I care if a gun shoots them to an accuracy level that would not please me? It’s a double loser.

Am I impressed that a gun can shoot mediocre bullets to a mediocre degree of accuracy? Not really. Does that mean it doesn’t work? Obviously not. It’s been working for millions of people for over 80yrs. Does that mean there’s absolutely no reason to improve upon it? Definitely not.

Last edited:
Well if don’t shoot them, why would I care if a gun shoots them to an accuracy level that would not please me? It’s a double loser.

Am I impressed that a gun can shoot mediocre bullets to a mediocre degree of accuracy? Not really. Does that mean it doesn’t work? Obviously not. It’s been working for millions of people for over 80yrs. Does that mean there’s absolutely no reason to improve upon it? Definitely not.
Thanks, Billy

How can you call a bullet with the track record of a core lock a mediocre bullet? Not that I use them, don't and never have but there are a ton of good bullet's I've never used and never will! Really curious. What level of accuracy in a hunting rifle does please you?

How can you call a bullet with the track record of a core lock a mediocre bullet? Not that I use them, don't and never have but there are a ton of good bullet's I've never used and never will! Really curious. What level of accuracy in a hunting rifle does please you?
How do I call a Core Lokt mediocre? Low BC, low accuracy potential, and somewhat inconsistent performance on impact. You don’t have to search very long to find reports of the jacket separating from the core. I honestly don’t think jacket separation is necessarily a problem, BUT if you want a bullet that comes apart there are many options that do so more reliable and over a broad range of impact velocities. If you want a bullet that will hold up, again, there are many options that will hold together more reliably and over broad range of impact velocities.

What accuracy pleases me in a hunting rifle. Generally .5MOA or better...not the rifle’s best groups, but the rifle’s average groups. Depending on the rifle’s intended purpose I might be happy to use a rifle that doesn’t measure up to that, BUT because most of my hunting is wide open places that are almost completely flat, a gun that didn’t measure up to that wouldn’t get much use. For prairie dogs or coyote hunting in an area I might shoot a fox, I prefer something that is in the low .3s. Will a 5MOA group stay in a pronghorn’s vitals at 500yds? Sure. But I’m not going to be perfect in the field. Plenty of folks can sight-in at the range and then put a 5” in group near the middle of a target at 500yds, but can they do that from sticks, or with the wind blowing or the difference between what the range finder said when they ranged it and where the animal is actually standing when the shot is taken? If your rifle shoots a 2.5” group at 500yds, and you make a 2.5” mistake, you’re in the same boat as using a 1MOA rifle and being perfect. I’m not perfect. If can improve my chances of doing well in spite of imperfection, why not do it?

Billy, totally off topic I was looking at your profile pic, what happened to the coloring of the bases on that deer? Is it just the pic hard to tell?

Billy, totally off topic I was looking at your profile pic, what happened to the coloring of the bases on that deer? Is it just the pic hard to tell?
I’m also sorry to derail with a non-25-06. Don just knows how to press my buttons. I should have posted that in pm. I would expect the rifle to shoot equally well if it had been a 25-06. The 25-06 I got rid of, was not a rifle that I wanted to do a lot of customizing to, there weren’t many .257” bullets that interested me at the time, and being a 10” twist, some of what interested me then, and all of what interests me today, would not work in that barrel anyway.

Those bases got bleached from a leak in the shrink wrap when I was bleaching the skull. I haven’t gotten around to recoloring them yet. I have three that happened to, and four that came out just fine....so I need to work on my shrink wrapping and taping skills.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back