22LR - scope?

TN2shot07

Well I put money down today on one of the Bergara bmr’s. It’s just to have fun with, probably chase some squirrels. I don’t want to sink a fortune into it but thought I’d see what you guys have had good experiences with?

Thanks!

I have a Cabelas brand scope, 3-12x40, kills critters near and far. From 5 yard squirrels to 150+ yard woodchucks it does the trick. If I were to buy something today that's nicer and cheap I'd go Vortex Crossfire or Diamondback

With that rifle, I would get a scope that has a lot of elevation adjustment because you are going to want to stretch it out to 200 or 300 yards one of these days. I have an SWFA 10X on a CZ 452 Varmint. It works well at the range and I have plenty of adjustment to reach out past 300 yards. Although the reticle is pretty fine, it would be serviceable on squirrels. It is also one of the SWFA scopes that has still been available during their period sales.

Edit - For squirrels, I think the 6X SWFA would be better as it has a slightly thicker reticle, but the 6Xs seem to be hard to find now.

I have a Cabelas brand scope, 3-12x40, kills critters near and far. From 5 yard squirrels to 150+ yard woodchucks it does the trick. If I were to buy something today that's nicer and cheap I'd go Vortex Crossfire or Diamondback
X-2

Squirrel hunting would be a bright fixed scope. 4X is really nice (Leupold FX-I Rimfire 4x28). I'm using an SWFA 6x42, since that's what I use on my big game rifles. Can practice mrad hold overs, wind corrections, etc., even dial on more stationary targets, like evening rabbits.

Well I put money down today on one of the Bergara bmr’s. It’s just to have fun with, probably chase some squirrels. I don’t want to sink a fortune into it but thought I’d see what you guys have had good experiences with?

Thanks!

How do you like that Berg so far?

How do you like that Berg so far?
One major complaint and one minor, I don’t know why in the hell they would send a rifle from the factory with a 30 moa rail. That cost me an extra $70 to get replaced. Still hoping some of the grittiness works out of the bolt, I handled 3 of them and they all felt the same. No reason that my ruger American feels better for over $150 less. It shoots great and has been consistently more accurate than I am.

Thanks, have been looking at both that Bergara and the Christ. Ranger for another .22
I don’t think you’d go wrong with either. The rail is really just a personal gripe because I wanted to use a regular rimfire scope and it ate up all of my adjustments. If you were wanting to use something longer range it would be great

If it were me I would put a Redfield on it. I have a couple of them. One on a .22 and one on a .243. They are the only scopes I would ever put on my gun if its not a Leupold. OR out a Leupold Rifleman on it.

No scope on my 22RF, mod 62A. But on the 22 mag I have a Weaver K4 I got inexpensively at a gun show. Lot better scope than I need.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back