.22LR bolt-action

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
All this talk of 22s.. I just looked at Rugers page and no longer see a 22lr in their 77 lineup, the only rimfire is a 17wsm.

Anyone have experience with the Marlin XT-22? It's a decent looking rifle.

Anyone have experience with the Marlin XT-22? It's a decent looking rifle.
I have it's predecessor the 925 and it shoots very well. Almost as good as my CZ455, but for the money and if you are going to let younger people use it (abuse) then it is an excellent choice.. It is the rifle that I let several of my boys use to squirrel hunt with and man is it a deadly rifle with CCI Minimag's.....

The CZ is my baby and I don't share with the boys.. It's my precious...

I have it's predecessor the 925 and it shoots very well. Almost as good as my CZ455, but for the money and if you are going to let younger people use it (abuse) then it is an excellent choice.. It is the rifle that I let several of my boys use to squirrel hunt with and man is it a deadly rifle with CCI Minimag's.....

The CZ is my baby and I don't share with the boys.. It's my precious...
That's what I'm thinking! $200 is affordable!

I've got a Marlin/Glenfield single shot that will be the shooting foundation for our children. Open sights, decent trigger, heavy enough to be bench stable but not impossibly heavy to carry. I taught my wife how to shoot using that rifle. It was the first one I ever bought. If you're just wanting a trainer, I think that's the way to go.

Another CZ fanboy here, I have the 457 Varmint and it is a wonderfully accurate rifle, a bit heavy for toting around the squirrel woods but the way it shoots makes up for the extra weight.

I’m biased with rimfires as the vast majority of mine are Marlins or the old Glenfield manufactured by Marlin. I have used them well and don’t see them as much more than a tool. But I do have a great appreciation for rimfires and if I got to spend time behind a better rifle, my mind could change quickly. Hard to go wrong with a good Marlin bolt action with a lightweight scope, and good CCI or Federal ammo. Been a big proponent of the CCI Mini-mags in a couple of my Marlins. The round nose have always shot a bit better than the hollow points but I like the hollow points better on game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back