Caribou Gear

22 Rimfire ammo

Rooster52

We are finding 22 Rimfire ammo showing up at local stores. 22 magnum is still scarse.

Ya, too bad its probably the terrible high velocity stuff. For decent 22lr you have to source it on the internet it seems.

Although sometimes Sportsmans gets a shipment of Eley or SK and the hoarders don't touch it since its like $10-15 for a box of 50. I prefer Wolf MT, or Rem Subsonic, Eley match, or CCI standard.

In NYS its available in many stores. Target ammo, such as Eley, etc. is and has been more available than just go-bang 22 ammo for quite a while due to the pricing. About 5 weeks ago, I found buckets of Remington Golden 22's - 1,400 rounds per bucket for about $77 per bucket pus tax. I was generous and bought just two, leaving one on the shelf!

I bought some subsonic HP's at a local store last Friday, I think it was Aguilia for $6.00 for 50, plus I bought some other, possibly Eley for $10.00/box.

I have a 22 heavy barrel savage that I just put a Boyds laminated stock on and is outfitted with a 4-16 x 40mm Weaver with parallax adjustment on it. My goal is a one hole group at 50 yards! Not there yet! LOL

It is still hit or miss here.

I was in a Cabelas in Texas last week and they had piles of it.

Back