Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2023 Hunting Adventures Recap

I took some photos of the burritos we had for lunch, but they are on my old phone so I can't get them posted.

Sorry guys.
I think the giant cat pics will suffice. That's awesome. Bucket list hunt for sure even if I'm not the trigger man, the whole process would be awesome to watch take place imo.

There’s something primal and amazing about the process of experiencing a lion hunt from beginning to end.

For a long time I had no interest in hunting with hounds and had a negative view of it. Then my neighbor and friend invited me to join him looking for tracks. It quickly became my favorite wintertime activity and one of my favorite animals to hunt. After about ten years I moved to a different town and he and his dogs aged beyond where they were able to hunt on their own. I really miss it. Especially after a fresh snowfall.

The only thing I don’t miss is the drama, competition for tracks to run and territorial disputes that existed among hound hunters in our area.

I’m always amazed at the size and power of those cats 🐈
Congrats on a great animal and for saving a few deer.

There’s something primal and amazing about the process of experiencing a lion hunt from beginning to end.

For a long time I had no interest in hunting with hounds and had a negative view of it. Then my neighbor and friend invited me to join him looking for tracks. It quickly became my favorite wintertime activity and one of my favorite animals to hunt. After about ten years I moved to a different town and he and his dogs aged beyond where they were able to hunt on their own. I really miss it. Especially after a fresh snowfall.

The only thing I don’t miss is the drama, competition for tracks to run and territorial disputes that existed among hound hunters in our area.
I agree on all counts. So great to hear.

One of the reasons I choose to do mostly hike in hunts, as opposed to looking for tracks from roads or snowmobile trails is precisely what you're saying.

It is pretty rare for houndsmen to do big hikes looking for tracks. This one was not far in, but we got lucky.

That's pretty cool. Some day I hope to hold a big ole Mt.Lion up like that. Congrats on a great Tom, he's a beautiful cat!

super cool @Desk Pop
I too used to have a negative view of hound hunting, while I don't have an opportunity to tag along on any here in WA (banned) just hearing more and more stories like this have definitely changed my opinion. I also would love if guys could start chasing them again, especially close to town. I don't need cats on my property.

super cool @Desk Pop
I too used to have a negative view of hound hunting, while I don't have an opportunity to tag along on any here in WA (banned) just hearing more and more stories like this have definitely changed my opinion. I also would love if guys could start chasing them again, especially close to town. I don't need cats on my property.
Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad your opinion changed. It is so esoteric, even among hunters, that it is often misunderstood in my opinion.

Great story and incredible tom, @Desk Pop. Your hunt recaps, especially your hound hunting stories are always a highlight. Chasing a mountain lion behind dogs, no matter if a trigger is pulled at the end or not, is something I have to try one day. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back