2022 shed thread

My hunting buddy just brought this matching set over for me to measure. I can't get a picture that does them justice. Crazy mass. The G4s are over 20" long and significantly larger diameter than my wrist for most of the length. They weigh around 13 pounds each. Right 165.75", left 163.5". Give it 40" spread credit and this is a 370" bull, from a total garbage unit.
969E4F62-A06A-4FE2-877B-AFE8CC799E8F.jpeg

Last edited:
My hunting buddy just brought this matching set over for me to measure. I can't get a picture that does them justice. Crazy mass. The G4s are over 20" long and significantly larger diameter than my wrist for most of the length. They weigh around 13 pounds each. Right 165.75", left 163.5". Give it 40" spread credit and this is a 370" bull, from a total garbage unit.
View attachment 208750
Now all of those garbage units will be twice as crowded with people hunting for that bull

Last edited:
Now all of those garbage units will be twice as crowded with people hunting for that bull
There are plenty of garbage units to choose from, so maybe they'll be spread out? I removed the state and unit-type reference from my post if you want to remove it from your quote of my original post as well. I just thought it was ironic.

There are plenty of garbage units to choose from, so maybe they'll be spread out? I removed the state and unit-type reference from my post if you want to remove it from your quote of my original post as well. I just thought it was ironic.
I would like to think he was joking. I don't think you gave away too much information.

Sorry. That was purely sarcasm in my response. You didn’t need to change your post but I removed from mine either way. Hell of a set of sheds though.

We’re on the board here in California. Took my little one out to a spot we were late to cover last year. It was so fun watching her find her first one!!! We even photographed this buck together in 2020 (well, she was asleep in my pack but still there). Great start to the year
692D6536-643F-4804-B35A-EEFD0A98CE39.jpeg
E2FDA373-DC6C-4662-8054-FA70ED8AB2CA.jpeg

View attachment 208750
That really doesn’t look like a match set. G1s don’t match nor g2s or g3s. Pedicle looks significantly larger on the darker brown antler. Beam curvature is different. Bet that’s not a set

That really doesn’t look like a match set. G1s don’t match nor g2s or g3s. Pedicle looks significantly larger on the darker brown antler. Beam curvature is different. Bet that’s not a set
I’m confident this is a set. Just a weird angled photo. You are looking at more of the inside view of the brown antler. G1s are 16.25 and 16.5. G2s are 18.25 and 18.75. Pedicles were the same but I don’t have the measurement. Beam curvature is the same. The back of the “white” antler is the same color as the “brown” antler. They were found 10 yards apart.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back