2022 Clearwater Steelhead

BackofBeyond

Any reports from up north? I know the numbers coming over Bonneville were less than stellar, but has it picked up at all on The Clearwater?

I’m headed up on 1/29 for a day at Pink House.

Low. Like low low. They’ve cut the bag limit to one, but even with that we’ll be putting all catch back in the river. It not like a greasy chunk of steelhead is that great anyways. But it sure is fun as hell to do the fishing.

Low. Like low low. They’ve cut the bag limit to one, but even with that we’ll be putting all catch back in the river. It not like a greasy chunk of steelhead is that great anyways. But it sure is fun as hell to do the fishing.
We haven't had a season in our neck of the woods since 2016 I think. Every is tanking, I just saw they're not going to open the Skagit at all. The OP rivers are about the only thing open and those are getting HAMMERED by C&R because they're the only thing open.

Post some pics of your catch, but try to #keepemwet. Someday I want to try the Clearwater.

We haven't had a season in our neck of the woods since 2016 I think. Every is tanking, I just saw they're not going to open the Skagit at all. The OP rivers are about the only thing open and those are getting HAMMERED by C&R because they're the only thing open.

Post some pics of your catch, but try to #keepemwet. Someday I want to try the Clearwater.
ODFW just extended the closures on the Columbia above the Dalles Dam and several tributaries--including the Deschutes--through the end of May. Frickin depressing, man.

If anyone wants to geek out a little the Wild Steelhead Coalition periodically puts out some great science:

Then there's also this little tidbit of bad news from the MF Salmon River.
1642198301248.png

Just think about that decline in the last generation or two?

If anyone wants to geek out a little the Wild Steelhead Coalition periodically puts out some great science:

Then there's also this little tidbit of bad news from the MF Salmon River.
View attachment 208985

Just think about that decline in the last generation or two?
The book "Salmon and his People" mentions that a huge portion of the spawn was on the North Fork. That effectively died with Dworshak Dam. The hatchery is there at the base of the dam but its is a piss in a pot compared to the natural spawn.

If you go to Alaska and see streams CHOKED with fish, no one will ever again convince you that what we have in Columbia system is normal.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back