Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2021 Wyoming Antelope Hunt

WyoDoug

I am interested in taking on a partner for an antelope hunt in 2021. I am going out again tomorrow and expect to spend less than 3 hours to tag out. I finally figured out the area I hunted for the first time this year and got two antelope so far. I am a meat hunter so I am not after trophies but there ARE some really nice 14 inchers and bigger in the area I hunted. I am not going to disclose the area I hunt until some communication made and that is not in stone yet but leaning towards what I am familiar with which is two hunt areas. Looking for someone who is responsible and hunts safely. For me, these will be day hunts. If you have to travel, I can figure something out so a camp can be set up. I kind of dislike those that get flat out drunk hunting but don't mind some boozing once hunting is done and the guns are put away. I had experiences hunting with people who drank while driving and hunting and that literally scares me because I have as an MP in the Marine Corps seen the results of what can happen when you do that. Where I go you would at least get a shot. Past that, it is on you.

Credit to you for your generosity. Someone took me out in WY last year for my first trip in the US and I am very grateful to him. Nice to know there are decent guys and gals out there willing to help someone out.

I want to hunt pronghorn! If your offer is still out there I will take you up on it

I want to hunt pronghorn! If your offer is still out there I will take you up on it
With the right person it is. I hunt antelope all the way from August until December or until I tag out. I usually put in for Type 1 any antelope and two type 6 doe/fawn tags. Then in the leftover draw I put on for any additional Type 1 tag plus two type 6 tags which puts me at the limits of what Wyoming allows me to hold for antelope licenses. And I usually fill them. I start with archery using my crossbow. Contact me via PM and we will see.

With the right person it is. I hunt antelope all the way from August until December or until I tag out. I usually put in for Type 1 any antelope and two type 6 doe/fawn tags. Then in the leftover draw I put on for any additional Type 1 tag plus two type 6 tags which puts me at the limits of what Wyoming allows me to hold for antelope licenses. And I usually fill them. I start with archery using my crossbow. Contact me via PM and we will see.

Are most of these units you hunt for NR able to be hunted with a bow if you draw the rifle tag? I got 3 points and am thinking of doing the special draw next year to get in on a decent unit for my first antelope hunt.

Are most of these units you hunt for NR able to be hunted with a bow if you draw the rifle tag? I got 3 points and am thinking of doing the special draw next year to get in on a decent unit for my first antelope hunt.
Yes. You can use a bow during rifle season in Wyoming. You can not use a rifle or any firearm to hunt during special archery seasons even to put an animal down after wounding it with a bow. I carry my crossbow with me and prefer to use that for close in shots less that 50 yards.

Yes. You can use a bow during rifle season in Wyoming. You can not use a rifle or any firearm to hunt during special archery seasons even to put an animal down after wounding it with a bow. I carry my crossbow with me and prefer to use that for close in shots less that 50 yards.

I’d love to try and shoot one with a bow

WyoDoug, My son and I are interested, I just sent you a PM. Thanks for posting this!

as i read you are not interested in a spring bear hunt right?
Normally, I would love to go on a spring bear hunt but right now I am in no shape financially due to a medical emergency with my wife, plus I have to get in better shape than I am now. I doubt if we would find bears on the plains and flats. I have been having issues with my left leg from an injury I got in the military so that limits my speed a quite a bit going up hills and the numbness and neuropathy is getting worse.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back