Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2021 WY road trip

Dwreckers

Hey all looking to do some exploring in Wyoming this next year with the wife with the possibility of moving in the near future 🤞🏻🤞🏻. I have been to Wyoming before and love it there. The wife has never been. I was wondering where we could drive around in a week long trip and explore the state. Looking to do some camping/fishing/varmint hunting if possible. The only thing I know is I don’t want to go to Yellowstone (been there a few times) and I want to go look at a lot of antelopes and do some fishing maybe on the North Platte River.

So if anyone has some suggestions on where we could do any of these activities as well as what time of the year (spring/summer) it would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 6C22B625-BBF5-4D56-83DF-23B1400BC5CD.jpeg
    6C22B625-BBF5-4D56-83DF-23B1400BC5CD.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
Saratoga or Sheridan would fit the bill nicely. I'd lean toward Saratoga as it's less touristy since the CO folks are more of less locals there.

Unless you want marriage problems I'd bring her here in February first as it's all shits and giggles until winter hits, and the wind makes people crazy. If she still says yes then by all means move. But she likely won't if you show her the real Wyoming.

Saratoga or Sheridan would fit the bill nicely. I'd lean toward Saratoga as it's less touristy since the CO folks are more of less locals there.

Unless you want marriage problems I'd bring her here in February first as it's all shits and giggles until winter hits, and the wind makes people crazy. If she still says yes then by all means move. But she likely won't if you show her the real Wyoming.
This! It’s entertaining watching houses being built on land sold during the summer in spots that gets regularly thrashed by the wind. There’s a reason it’s a treeless lot....

I convinced my wife to move to wyoming finally and have been living here for 7 months and love it! The best part of the plan was that my wife gets a job and I stay home with the kids until they are old enough to go to school and that I have to fill the freezer every year, I was sold!

Driving the around the Tetons is a must, such a beautiful view with the lake in from the snow capped mountains

Since you've done the Yellowstone thing just drive through for her to see then head over through Cody, across to Bighorns and check out Sheridan or go south down through Alpine area and to I-80 nd across.
You should check out Casper, Gillette and Cheyenne for the bigger towns.
Circle around through Laramie and up over the Snowies to Saratoga.
Lots of good spots to fish all over.

I agree with a couple others here. Being her first trip out I would find it difficult to pass on at least a window view of the Teton’s, a swing through Cody for a stop at the Buffalo Bill Center/museum and a couple days up in the Big Horns camping and fishing for Brookies. I get it about Yellowstone but if timed right it is a nice ride from Jackson up to Cody.

Last edited:
Back