2021 Potential EHD Outbreak in WY

trb

SD_Prairie_Goat

I was just talking with @BoomerUSAF about how I was worried that EHD was going to be an issue this year with the drought we've been having.

I hope these recent rains have helped (no idea if rain fell out west though...)

Couple years back it hit central SD really hard. Heard of whole herds of whitetail dropping from it. something like 200+ dead in a field...

Dakota79

I was just talking with @BoomerUSAF about how I was worried that EHD was going to be an issue this year with the drought we've been having.

I hope these recent rains have helped (no idea if rain fell out west though...)

Couple years back it hit central SD really hard. Heard of whole herds of whitetail dropping from it. something like 200+ dead in a field...
It's in northwest South Dakota this year from what I'm hearing.

trb

Those of you with more experience in WY, do you think its an actually possible they will curtail the seasons? I am trying to decide whether to go up this weekend to fill my doe antelope tag, in anticipation of an early shut down. Usually I try to avoid the opening weekend...especially when its supposed to be almost 90.

Obviously this is a bigger issue than just me and my tag, and I truly hope that next week brings that needed frost. But just curious if there have been seasons curtailed in the past due to EHD in your experiences.

TheTone

Idaho is having a widespread outbreak in the Clearwater region and into the panhandle. Also saw reports of it in eastern Washington

antlerradar

We are overdue for a big EHD die off in South Eastern Montana. As much as I would like to not see that happen, a little voice in the back of my mind keeps telling me that EHD might be the only thing that keeps the whitetails from over running the mule deer in SE Montana.

Wild Alaskan Salmon Seafood

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelman