2018 MT goat

phutch30

I spent a couple weeks chasing one specific goat this yr I was calling triceratops. He shoulda been mine on multiple occasions but due to poor shooting and just bad luck things didn't come together. A passed up shot at him broadside at 50yds...cuze I was SURE I could make it to that sage brush 10 yds closer..NOT!....One very painful miss at 30yds on a steep down hill shot. One day I was at full draw on him 3x.... he was blocked by does at 25 yds, he wouldn't stop moving at 40yds despite me blatting at him loudly, he had his head down facing me at 35 staring at the ground then turned 180 degrees and walked away in one movement. One day he trotted by at 17 yds chasing a doe....How much lead do you put on a trotting antelope??? All told I thought he was going home with me AT LEAST 6 times. I think he is part cat. For sure the coolest one Ive chased.

DSCN0420.jpg

With the season winding down and thoughts of the other nice goats I had let walk while chasing this goat, I decided Tue to take the next mature buck I managed to sneak up on....IF I couldn't find my buck. I spent most of tue morn looking for my target buck without any sign of him. Then spotted a decent buck tending does and fending off a smaller buck. I managed to sneak into 55yds and closed out 2018 antelope.

42992862_2070630006329973_6430840384678526976_n.jpg

Par for the course, later that day while attempting to find a goat for my buddy We found Triceratops tending a large group of does 500yds from where I had shot mine

Very cool looking goat! Any antelope with a bow is a great feat. Congrats!

Nice buck, but Triceratops is super cool looking!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back