PEAX Equipment

2018 Eastern NV Mule Deer - Home Means Nevada!

Northface

I had the opportunity to return to a unit I grew up hunting. I was spoiled growing up in some of the best mule deer country in the west and I had no idea until I moved out of state! This unit is special to me. I took my first buck in this unit, witnessed a brother harvest an ancient 12x7 buck that broke a magical mark and have memories of seeing incredible mature mule deer year after year. Glassing sage and PJ mix proved once again a successful tactic on this hunt. We chased a group of 5 bucks opening morning over a few canyons, tracking them through thick PJ, missing a shot and then being able to catch up with the same group the second morning and harvest this incredible, wide buck. The rain and moisture were critical in being able to move silently and track these deer. It was an incredible experience. Hunting high country mule deer has it's romance but I think glassing them up in the high desert terrain with sage and PJ can be just as thrilling. Can wait to dump my bonus points again on this unit.

View attachment IMG_3273.JPG
View attachment IMG_3281.JPG
View attachment IMG_3275.JPG
View attachment IMG_3285.JPG
View attachment IMG_3253.JPG
View attachment IMG_3260.JPG
View attachment IMG_3150.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: LCH
Nice looking buck! That style of low-country glassing is a lot of fun IMO, similar to my favorite area in CO.

Nice Buck,cool pics.How wide is that buck?
Do you have any pics of he 12x7?:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back