Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2015 in the books

Fishslap

Got this buck on Wednesday. CO public land second choice tag. Browning a-bolt 300win mag, 180gr federal trophy bonded tip (love that bullet). Put on about 15miles before it was all done. Lots of deer, mostly small bucks with a few mature ones hiding around. Anyone have a guess on score? About 28" outside spread I believe.

Also got this elk on day 4 of 1st rifle. Hot as hell with the elk staying in some hard to get to dark timber hidey holes. Caught them going in at first light. Of course the big guy stepped out right after I shot this one, but I'm mainly a meet hunter so no difference. Had a damn pine marten eat a softball size piece out of two quarters. They're thick in this area.

Congrats on a very good year! I won't hazard a guess other than I'd say "big enough". :D

Great work, my guess is 178-183". Shooter every day in my book.

Thanks guys. There were a ton of hunters in this area opening day, with a couple of forkies shot within 1/4 mile of where this guy was hanging out. A guy bumped a big group of deer after shooting a small one, the big group bumped this buck and a smaller one out and on to private land. He was 400yrds and moving so no shot. I went back in later in the week and found him back in the same draw. He surprised me though by being lower and he caught me before I saw him and a smaller buck. I had him at 200 yards right before he went over the hill but decided not to shoot. I hauled ass to the top, moving away from where I thought they might look back. Sure 'nuff, they were over on the next hill getting ready to go over the same saddle he took opening day. This time they didn't see me so I laid out prone on my pack and took him at 220 yards. Couldn't have gone any better. Biggest buck I've ever seen in there during hunting season was the 3x3 taken below, so I was very surprised to see a big 4 x 4.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back