20 year old Model 700 30:06 Practical advice needed

Thanks, it shoot core lokt decent for range ammo anyway. I mostly shoot 180 grain SST
I picked up a cheap Savage Axis 6.5 CM at Walmart in 2018 and just got around to putting a scope on and getting it zeroed about a month ago. Tried Winchester Deer Season XP, Hornady ELDX, and Remington Core Lokt. The Core-Lokt shot great and I used it to a buck on 11/18. I was impressed with the ammo as the bullet entered the left shoulder, exited the right shoulder and broke both shoulders. I like Hornady anmo as well and have had good success with the 180 SST in .300 Win.

I picked up a cheap Savage Axis 6.5 CM at Walmart in 2018 and just got around to putting a scope on and getting it zeroed about a month ago. Tried Winchester Deer Season XP, Hornady ELDX, and Remington Core Lokt. The Core-Lokt shot great and I used it to a buck on 11/18. I was impressed with the ammo as the bullet entered the left shoulder, exited the right shoulder and broke both shoulders. I like Hornady anmo as well and have had good success with the 180 SST in .300 Win.
I just bought a Savage model 11 in 6.5 last week. Got some 140 grain A max to try

I had an old 30-06 ADL with the cheap synthetic stock. After a couple of years I dropped it in an HS hunter stock with aluminum blocks and added a Timiney trigger. Left it ADL and couldn’t be happier.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back