2 Track WY County Roads?

Flatrock

So I picked up a leftover antelope doe tag in a unit in NE Wyoming just for kicks and was looking at the road map today on the county website. It shows one road as a county road that is a 2 track at best. I mean you can barely even make out a trail on an aerial map. Would that be a legitimate public road? Since the county is labeling it a county "unimproved" road, it SHOULD be legal to drive on, right? It cuts a piece of state section that might be worth checking out. If there is no sign there labeling it a county road though and I drove it anyways and came across the wrong person, I have to assume they'd be giving me hell about driving that road.

I suppose the best thing would be to talk to the local warden but I'm just curious if any of you know of legitimate, 2 track county roads that you hunt in WY.

Last edited:
Can I ask specifics on that tag? I'm hunting region A for deer this fall and have a general deer tag. The leftover doe tags I saw available were all "Private Land Only" doe tags. I'm curious which tag you bouoght.

Alot of dirt roads in Wyoming are marked route numbers.And when a person in Wy tells you a road is decent,beware.I even had game wardens send me down roads I had to turn back on due to vehicle I was in.Anyway to answer your question if it's marked as a state Road you should be fine,and expect half of them to be dirt

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back