Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

1987 Ruger M77 .30-06

Suprising there was no exit - id have figured those all copper bullets would have held together enough and not transferred all the energy for an exit.

Not sure what your twist is - but 168 amax, eldm, and 178 eldx are great hunting bullets at the milder velocity from 308/.30-06.
butchering over - the bullet traversed the lungs and shattered the 'humerus' just at the thick joint head, so I'm not sure where the bullet ended up, in my race against sunset and frigid temps maybe I overlooked an exit hole in the off-side hide? it's always a fire drill when you're alone 4 miles from the truck at sundown

The eldx sounds interesting, I might kill a bear with it in four months if I can find a factory load - thanks.

butchering over - the bullet traversed the lungs and shattered the 'humerus' just at the thick joint head, so I'm not sure where the bullet ended up, in my race against sunset and frigid temps maybe I overlooked an exit hole in the off-side hide? it's always a fire drill when you're alone 4 miles from the truck at sundown

The eldx sounds interesting, I might kill a bear with it in four months if I can find a factory load - thanks.
Killed a small black bear with a 300 (212) prc eldx at 300. 4" exit.

I love the explosive damage at close range and the long range energy transfer of bullets that are "less tough"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back