1898 Springfield .30 Army

millerkiller77

My buddy just bought one of these yesterday and asked me to order in some ammo for him. It looks like (in stock) 30-40 Krag ammo is going for about $3-$5.00 PER ROUND!!

Any of you currently shooting this caliber and have a better resource for ammo? Or any particular areas on these rifles that need checked out before firing? 131929.jpeg131927.jpeg

*cartridge.

Have a smith go through it to make there's no issue with corrosive primer use or eroded bore as well ensure the rifle is in good order.

These are super cool rifles. The 30-40 Krag is a good candidate for hand loading. I'd start with the 180 grain loads up to 220.

Last edited:
Check for bore corrosion and check for bolt lug abutment setback. Usually not an issue but never know if it's been abused.

I have one of these. Not sporterized. I also have brass and the rest to handload. It's on the list. I think they call the magazines lunchbox magazines. Cool rifles. mtmuley

Check for bore corrosion and check for bolt lug abutment setback. Usually not an issue but never know if it's been abused.
I'll bore scope it first
I have one of these. Not sporterized. I also have brass and the rest to handload. It's on the list. I think they call the magazines lunchbox magazines. Cool rifles. mtmuley
Already looked at the dies, they are very reasonably priced. I just ordered up for boxes of HSM ammo, it came out to over $300 after s&h.

Lmao, the guy he bought the rifle off of told him it was a sniper rifle. Dipshit fell for it.

Back