13- old son drew nonresident any bull tag

gallagher71

Get to talk my son to Utah this September. Drew his first elk tag. Headed to Utah with the youth tag good for any of the general areas in the state. He's shot a small mule deer doe in the past but he's never been in an elk hunt.

Given where we're likely headed, I expect elk will be high. We'll be trekking up and down each day to the wall tent. He's in pretty good shape physically, but we've discussed the importance of being in great shape by September. He'll put in the work because of how he's wired. I'll make certain both he and his rifle are dialed in. Harvest or no harvest, this is going to be an incredible trip for him to learn so much. Value of preparation, hard work, and that certainty of success doesn't come overnight (or in one season. )

Welcome any advice for a father taking his son on his first elk hunt.

I am in San Fran waiting for my flight to Hawaii tomorrow. I can help you out when I get back in a week or so.

Great times, and this is going to be an incredible trip. Our greatest success is found, sitting for hours, just glassing, observing. Spot them. Sometimes Patten them. Then plan that stalk.

Get to talk my son to Utah this September. Drew his first elk tag. Headed to Utah with the youth tag good for any of the general areas in the state. He's shot a small mule deer doe in the past but he's never been in an elk hunt.

Given where we're likely headed, I expect elk will be high. We'll be trekking up and down each day to the wall tent. He's in pretty good shape physically, but we've discussed the importance of being in great shape by September. He'll put in the work because of how he's wired. I'll make certain both he and his rifle are dialed in. Harvest or no harvest, this is going to be an incredible trip for him to learn so much. Value of preparation, hard work, and that certainty of success doesn't come overnight (or in one season. )

Welcome any advice for a father taking his son on his first elk hunt.
Enjoy every moment up there with your son. I took my daughter last year on her first elk hunt. We went 3rd rifle due to my work schedule. There was a good bit of snow and cold temps so I let her hunt how she wanted to. I did not want to ruin her on her first trip. On the 2nd day of hunting she told me she freaking loved it and started planning our hunt for this year. We will be in the mountains 1st rifle this year. I agree with huntandfly "A successful hunt is one where you both have a fun time soaking in some of the prettiest places in this country." Killing an elk is just icing on the cake. I wish you and your son a successful hunt with great memories.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back