Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

100-yard bows for sale

dgibson

Fellas, the boys in Morehead, KY have come up with a way to fire an arrow for hundreds of yards and still be lethal. I'm taking orders now and supplies are limited, so don't delay! ;) I think the term "what a moron" applies here. (For those that may wonder, I'm told that the measure was defeated and is no longer an issue.) <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ky. town seeks to ban hunting in city limits

By Roger Alford
Associated Press - Nov. 25, 2001

MOREHEAD, Ky. - Deer that flee from the Daniel Boone National Forest into the city limits to wait out hunting season may not have found a safe haven after all.
A legal loophole, it turns out, makes even the ones nibbling on residential lawns fair game.
“ [Bows and arrows] are very dangerous, and they'll travel hundreds of yards and still be deadly. ”
- Brad Collins, Morehead mayor
Mayor Brad Collins said local law specifically bans shooting guns in the city limits but no mention is made of bows and arrows, one of the more popular methods for killing deer.
Collins said powerful modern-day bows present a safety hazard equal to large-caliber rifles.
"I would dread being shot with a bow and arrow more than I would a gun," he said. "They're very dangerous, and they'll travel hundreds of yards and still be deadly."
Just how many hunters have stalked whitetails across lawns in Morehead is open for debate. Perhaps none. Perhaps many. Collins said no one is coming forward to admit it. He said the issue surfaced when he began getting phone calls from residents, tired of the animals nibbling on ornamental shrubs, asking if the practice is legal.
"We have an ordinance that says you cannot shoot a firearm in the city limits, for obvious reasons," Collins said. "I just assumed we also had an ordinance that says you can't hunt. But when I checked, I found out we don't."
“ On any given evening, I could see 15 or 20 deer just walking by our house. ”
- Alan Baldwin, Morehead city coucilman
That is likely to change when the City Council meets again on Dec. 10 to consider final passage of an ordinance that would ban bow hunting in town. The initial vote on the measure passed this month.
"There are people on both sides of the issue," said Councilman Alan Baldwin. "Some people feed the deer, and some welcome hunters to come in and get rid of them."
Baldwin said Morehead, being surrounded by the Daniel Boone forest, makes it ideal for deer. It helps, he said, that much of the city's residential areas abut wooded ridges.
"On any given evening, I could see 15 or 20 deer just walking by our house," he said.
Baldwin said the issue didn't make it to the City Council before some residents began complaining about hunters shooting deer with bows and arrows.
"My primary concern is the safety of the citizens," he said. "I think we probably need the ordinance to prohibit hunting with bows. In the hands of someone not exercising reasonable care, they are in fact dangerous weapons and can be lethal weapons."
Councilman Harold Kissick believes the proposed ordinance goes too far because it would prevent people from even target-practicing in their back yards.
"I thought it was a little too severe," he said. "It's getting a little too restrictive. But you can't have all this wild hunting going on either."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-03-2002 12:21: Message edited by: dgibson ]</font>

Urban hunting with bows is a very popular sport in the east. I read articles about it all the time. If the council takes a little time and does'nt do the typical knee jerk reaction and just ban everything. They could do a little regulation and only alow those that have bow hunters safty and can prove on a range that the can keep the arrows in the intended target. Then that works very well...
:D :D :D

There was a local shooting range by my house down the road.. PEOPLE shot at the targets wit hthe train track elevated 40ft high in the BAckdrop.... SOME YAHOO (WELL MANY) pull their bow back holding their arrow straigh in the AIR.... WELL one slipped and went over the TRACKS into someones house....

NO MORE SHOOTING NOW>>>>>.. fuggin Retards
GRant it mistakes happen, BUT I NEVER NEVER NEVER pull my bow back that away !!!!!

I have always felt if you can't draw the bow while pointing at the intended target you need to lighten the poundage up a bit.

Heyu Darren, I want to put in an order for one of those bows that will shoot a few hundred yards and still be lethal. Sure would make my huntin a heckuva lot easier. :D :D

Yes and make sure that the sights are on. So as when I get my new bow I can go hunting and shoot a few hundred yards. That way I won't have to chase them so far. I wonder if the new bows have the overall knock down power that my 300 wetherby has at five hundred yards? :D :D :D

OK...check check on two new bows. Elkchsr, since you're such a nice guy I'll throw in the special "Kentucky Windage" sight for free. It can't hit targets worth a durn, but it can shoot animals when you "need to." No need to ever shoot a practice shot, or learn to judge distance, or anything else--just take 'er to the woods and start slingin'. ;)

Moosie, don't even get me started about THAT. All it takes is one moron to ruin it for everybody. :mad:

!!!Oh boy!!! !!!Oh boy!!!
I don't have to do any thing but point and shoot. You mean that I don't have to go to the range and practice three to five times a week any more. I can't believe your letting me in on such a good deal!!!
!!!Gee 'DG'. Have you got something that can make me find game without even getting out of the truck. oooh boyo! That way I don't have to put on a few hundred miles on my shoes looking for the mystical wapiti...
You could make it so I don't have to know anything and just shoot something.

!!!!Wait a minute!!!!

If I get something that could make it that easy. Then I could'nt use the excuse to disapear into the wilderness for weeks at a time. I could'nt play in the woods, pretending I'm Danial Boone [you know who he is don't you?]. I'm not so sure now. Well let me think on this for a little bit...
I'ma thinking I might pass. I would'nt have an excuse to do what I really enjoy in life. [ceptin for my wife]. And thats chasing elk all over the country. Look I talked myself out of spending more money. That means that maybe I can justify another trip to Cabelas.
Hot dog.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

There's a resort lake just north of town here with lots of vacation homes on it and the place is full of deer. Its been a long law here that you have to have at least 10 acres to discharge a firearm, but not bows. Well people where hunting these little cabin lots a bunch around that lake. Neighbors starting having troubles with deer running by with arrows in them. The state made a law that it is up to the county now, whether the 10 acres is needed for arrows also. That county was amoungst the first, no archery hunting unless you got 10 acres there now. That county has a deer every 10 acres on average too.

Back