You might want to be very careful on how you go about getting information.

Alaska: A person may not take, possess, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, or offer to purchase wild fish, game, or marine aquatic plants, or any part of wild fish, game, or aquatic plants, or nest or egg of fish or game. It is illegal for citizens to collect road kill, and road kill should be reported to the state department of fish and game who collects salvageable meat for charity.

Roadkill is considered property of the state.

Alaska Department of Fish and Game

You might want to be very careful on how you go about getting information.

Alaska: A person may not take, possess, transport, sell, offer to sell, purchase, or offer to purchase wild fish, game, or marine aquatic plants, or any part of wild fish, game, or aquatic plants, or nest or egg of fish or game. It is illegal for citizens to collect road kill, and road kill should be reported to the state department of fish and game who collects salvageable meat for charity.

Roadkill is considered property of the state.

Alaska Department of Fish and Game
I think his post is more or less an offer to barter and not selling wild game. Folks barter game meat in AK often for goods or services.

I think his post is more or less an offer to barter and not selling wild game. Folks barter game meat in AK often for goods or services.
Hummmmm.....I have no Harvard Law Degree but the Alaska law seems pretty easy for me to read.Screenshot_20220523-102216_Chrome.jpg

Hummmmm.....I have no Harvard Law Degree but the Alaska law seems pretty easy for me to read.
I stand corrected the first post didn't have the barter language. 100% very cut and dry. Isn't bartering of this type very common in many AK villages?

It's the sport caught part that doesn't apply to them I assume
Ah I see, the guy I know that knows a dentist up there is in a remote village that would be almost entirely a native based population.
Well there goes my chance at scoring some fresh halibut I guess!😂😂

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back