1 day to go

Yep, that DOES suck, John. I wish you could have made it - I would like to meet you. It looks as if one guy that signed up can't make it. Anyone else want to go? It's not too late... :D

Man its killing me reading this and only being five hours away....excpet for this weekend I will be in Corvallis, OR doing the "family" thing rather than chasen' porkers :( ...course there's a few porkers on the wife side but :D

You guys are gonna have a great trip..I'll be thinkin about yeah, I'm workin on Friday...lol. I'll be Pig Hunting on Sunday & Monday in Lockwood, so I'm not SOL....Knock em dead guys...

Bryan-HOGHUNTER714

Well good luck back at ya, Bryan! Hope you get a good one. I also hope it cools off a little, or it's going to be a hot hunt. Are you hunting on or near Hunter Liggett?

Just talked with Tim again. He's gonna try his best to get to Hollister. So I may cut out Friday evening or Saturday some time to pick him up.

Chopper

P.S. it's only 100 degrees here today!!

I also would have loved to be there. But I hope ya all have a grand time with lots of laughs. If one of ya could do me a favor. When ya get ready to put a boar down :D Say this one is for the ones who couldnt be there!

Its almost time! I spoke with Tim tonight on the phone. His route has been changed and he has a small chance of coming to Hollister with me Friday morning. Otherwise he will pulling the big rig into Tusker's place Friday evening or Saturday morning.

I will make a grocery run in the morning, I still plan on bringing pop and chips for all for the dinners. Shot the bow last night with broadheads. License and tag is bought. TECNU stuff for oak.....I'm set! I'll be sure to bring sandals and hawaiian shirts to fit in with the native Californians

I'll be pulling out of Reno about 500 to allow extra time in case muphy finds me. See you guys Friday morning at KMART. I'll be driving a red Ford Ranger x-cab with nevada plates.

T Bone

I'll be coming home tommorrow for lunch and trimming up the tri-tip, get em all seasoned and let em sit until i get home at 5. Then i'll fire up the bbq, get some good oak coals burning, throw em on and sear em good then raise the grill and Q them bad boys till they swell up with all the juices trapped inside. Then I'll let em cool and wrap em up. Then we'll warm em up after the hunt and feast like Kings. I'll be driving a green Ford Explorer. Cant wait to see you all there!!!!!!!!!

I went to the store tonight and got most of the stuff for the dinners, along with gatorade, lunch stuff, Cheese Nips, etc. I think I've got just about everything, but I may pick up some of that TECNU stuff for poison oak - it's never bothered me too much before (less than a mosquito bite), but best to be safe.

Just over 1 day left!

I got your email, Keith and we'll talk about 7 AM on Friday morning.

LOA :D good one Jason...my crew-cab F350 will be there in spirit only :(

Looks like the guys will be getting a break in the weather...supposed to cool down into the mid to low 90's for the weekend!
Keep them piggies iced down once you clean em up fellas.....not much worse than rancid pork fat :eek:

I'll be waiting in my white, 3/4 ton extended cab, 4 x 4 with the 24 valve Cummins. I'll be the guy in drag. I will see you guys in the morning. Any other questions, call me. If you don't have my number, email me for it today. After 2 p.m. today, I won't be touching a computer till Monday.

Chopper :cool: :cool:

My F-350 crew cab 4x4 will be there with bells on! I just have to pick up a couple small things tonight and pack the truck. I'll be in my grey truck with the 150 qt cooler, straw "Corona Beach Hat", Hawaiian shirt, shorts and sandals. ;)

I'll be leaving at (hopefully) 4 AM and will have my cel phone (714) 801-5903. I hope to meet up with Keith in Paso Robles and carpool from there.

Chopper - email me the directions to the ranch or your cel phone number, "just in case."

By this time tonmorrow, I should be north of Paso.

When you guys are mowing the lawn, fixing household problems, putting up with the in-laws or some other mundane task, think of us - drinking beer, shooting hogs, popping ground squirrels, drinking beer, eating barbecue, drinking beer, telling stories, and did I mention drinking beer? :D

I getting excited !!!
My boss sceduled a big metting for Friday morning....I called him and told him I'm bugging out by 8:30...he ask why ?..I told him I had to go kill some wild pigs and drink some beer. He said "OK, I wish I was going with ya"
I should be there about 10:45 am, driving a silver Toyota X-cab 4X4 P.U
I'll be the one in the pink shirt and Gucci loafers !!
He Rick, I hope ya bring some more of thoses wild pig recipes.
Is any body bringing a fishing pole ?

Rick,

Not hunting FHL....I'm hunting a private ranch in Lockwood...The rancher gave us permission to hunt there this weekend, from what my buddy told me the rancher dosent hunt pig, he only hunts deer on his property..He says he has hogs there and there just destroying his crops...Well see if we can find some of those porkies..Never been to this guys property, so I'm going into it blind...Anyways, you guys have a great trip and cant wait to here your stories and see the photos...Good Luck and Happy Hunting..

Bryan

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back