1-4x scope

Farmerj

Anyone have any experience with the SWFA 1-4X SS?

Looking for a lower power scope for shots under 400 yards and likely in low visibility as well. So well within the MPBR of the rifles, .260 Remington and .280 Remington.

Might be interested in a 1-6X, but the price needs to be right.

My all time favorite scope for hunting is my 2 3/4x Redfield Widefield. My elk rifle is a 30-06 and on it a 2 3/4x Denver Redfield, really nice scope! 2 3/4x is much more to my liking. The 1-4x on one power allowed me to see half my barrel. So always left it on 2x and problem went away. Should have just got another 2 3/4x and lived with it. That 1-4x in on a rifle I gave a brother now, I would not buy another no matter who made it. No desire to look at my barrel while shooting! Also there is no real advantage to 1x over 2 3/4x.

I have a Luepold VX3i 1.5-5 (I think) on my 6.5G AR15 for a kids hunting rifle mainly. Quick target acquisition, and plenty of magnification for hunting to 200+ yards. I can’t personally comment on the SWFA, but I’ve heard good things about them

I think I’ll take this off my cmp service rifle and give it a try.

Anyone have any experience with the SWFA 1-4X SS?

Looking for a lower power scope for shots under 400 yards and likely in low visibility as well. So well within the MPBR of the rifles, .260 Remington and .280 Remington.

Might be interested in a 1-6X, but the price needs to be right.
You can get a Vortex Viper Gen II 1-6 for >$500 if you know where to look. I just bought one and it's phenomenal. If I have one complaint it's that the magnification adjustment is a little stiff

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the SWFA scopes that I have looked through seemed pretty solidly built for the price. However, they did not have very good glass. I guess you get what you pay for with optics.

I had that exact scope on an AR-15.
If you’re not looking for any more in terms of magnification, it’s hard to beat, especially for the price. They just had them for $239 for their tax day sale.

Glass is very good, illumination is done very well, reticle is good (though the ranging feature didn’t do much for me…but it wasn’t an issue either). And the SWFA scopes are built like tanks.

I wouldn’t hesitate at all to get one.

Back