Recent content by Nameless Range

  1. Nameless Range

    Artificial Intelligence and Public Comment

    Well, it's not Artificial Intelligence anymore. It's Super Intelligence, according to Trump. And that makes sense, since according to an increasing amount of AI oligarchs- its consciousness is real and not artificial. They've literally been trying to get the pope on board with that proclamation...
  2. Nameless Range

    Public Land Trail Cam Etiquette

    I think if they are flat out not allowed to be out there that makes sense. In Montana, I don't think you'd have any way of knowing. Even a cell cam can just be a regular cam without a subscription. It's kind of weird but I was really concerned about this because I use cell cams for trapping...
  3. Nameless Range

    Public Land Trail Cam Etiquette

    How would ya know?
  4. Nameless Range

    So, how is the retirement gig?

    Heck yeah. Congrats Buzz. I appreciate all you and your colleagues have done and will do.
  5. Nameless Range

    Public Land Trail Cam Etiquette

    This is a good maxim to live by. The legality/ethics aside, which I do think are interesting, I think touching other peoples' stuff is a great way to create conflict. Imagine digging through someone's camera in the woods - just to look at their card. Your pack is off because you needed to dig...
  6. Nameless Range

    Major League Baseball in a National Park

    An escalator. Gold plated. Ascending the 7,000 ft of relief of Grand Teton. Digital billboards every 100 ft. That's 70 billboards at $1 million a pop. Amazon already pre-reserved 50 of em. At the top, a McDonalds - with a secret Trump Steak menu. Kid Rock on a loop through the finest speakers...
  7. Nameless Range

    RMEF opines on Roadless Rule and USFS Travel Management proposals, impotently.

    From the Elkhorn Working Group, which is an advisory committee to the State and Feds for the Elkhorn Mountains - one of the most-desired elk hunting districts in Montana and one the RMEF has done a fair bit of work in.
  8. Nameless Range

    Creepy album covers

    When I was 10 and my brother was 7 my mom and dad took a week long trip somewhere. I think it was the first trip they took as a couple after having us. They paid my cousin from Fargo, ND to come out to Montana and babysit us for that week, and only being as musically erudite as my folks' tape...
  9. Nameless Range

    Manufactured Outrage

    HuntQuietly
  10. Nameless Range

    Wildfire management LTTE

    Just something that made me think of the complexity of mitigation and this thread. In the northern Boulder Mountains yesterday were a couple broadcast burns totalling about 500 acres to reduce potential fire intensity in the WUI. There's a small and tenuous window of time in the west where you...
  11. Nameless Range

    RMEF opines on Roadless Rule and USFS Travel Management proposals, impotently.

    I've thought this as well and see it as powerful evidence that habitat/fuels is not at all what this is about. There's hundreds of thousands of acres out my back door - tens of millions across the west - that are not classified Roadless and not a whole hell of a lot is being done on them. What...
  12. Nameless Range

    Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

    It's a quickie or it's nothing, you forgot your rubbers, and 9 months from now life might be very different.
  13. Nameless Range

    Gas/Fuel Price and hunting plans

    I’ll throw a bull elk in the back of my daughter‘s Buick lacrosse before I adjust my hunting plans due to fuel costs. I do drive more for trapping than I do for hunting, and with three kids doing three sports, I drive a ton anyway, and the fuel cost increases are certainly noticeable.
  14. Nameless Range

    Seth Bodnar - independent US Senate candidate

    Bankhead has no hope, and since her name is on the ballot we are stuck with the situation, but the poll lends itself to the fact that Montanans are interested in sane and normal governance, as long as it is not tied to the D party. Got a big Governor's race coming up in 2 years. Would love the...
  15. Nameless Range

    What are you currently reading?

    Short but heavy
Back
Top