Recent content by ammo

  1. ammo

    Grouse! Let’s See Them

  2. ammo

    Crested Butte recommendations

    Butte bagels! If you do something epic a gut bomb breakfast at the Gas Cafe (or Power Stop if you're rolling through Gunny) Figalicious and Mac Daddy at the Stash are my favorites Beers at Eldo, Talk, and Kochevars cocktails at Montanyas ice cream at Third Bowl fish the Taylor (or buy a lot of...
  3. ammo

    Elk .... Let's see them!!!

    This guy (Bruce the Elk) was a bit harder of a hunt than last year's bull. Reasons: He was hard to find after the shot (shit shooting on my part) Weather served up a number of torrential downpours Moving between 10k-12k is more difficult when you're 13 weeks pregnant :) Just wanted to pop...
  4. ammo

    Plate ‘em up

    elk chorizo empanadas!
  5. ammo

    First bow

    I upgraded to an Elite last season!! I love it, it's a great bow.
  6. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    THE FIELD OF COMPETITORS Already intro-ed, the 3 elk hunters (dishes pictured above, plus another elk adobo taco dish that SLAPPED) Harvest ladies: Italian au pair Vegan mom 2 cocktail ladies Upon entering kitchen stadium I discovered that Vegan Mom was also cooking sage brown butter...
  7. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    Backyard chicken egg pisco sour
  8. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    Elk tartare - asian style
  9. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    Elk ravioli with brown butter sage sauce finished with lemon and toasted hazelnuts
  10. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    Mr. A’s Elk Hong Lay
  11. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    I have just been informed that 2 of the 3 harvest dishes are in fact cocktails 😂
  12. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    Ok we're about an hour and some change out. Mr.A is actually cooking a northern thai stew as the glaze over the elk medallions. It's quite good and really packs a punch! I have toasted my hazelnuts, squeezed lemons, and microplaned some nice pecorino romano. Onsite at the harvest off (not...
  13. ammo

    Wild Harvest Cook-off

    Alright y'all - it's been awhile since Mr.Ammo and I have done a cook-off. Tonight friends are hosting a "wild harvest"-off where there will be 3 meat competitors (myself, Mr.Ammo, another hunter-friend) and a handful of "harvest" competitors (ie vegetables?!). On deck I have an elk sausage...
  14. ammo

    Solo Elk Hunt in Colorado: Am I About to Embark on a Glorious Disaster?

    We smell too. Also, we're ugly! Hotter people in Montana forsure, everyone up there looks like the cast of Yellowstone. I'd go there! :love:
  15. ammo

    Solo Elk Hunt in Colorado: Am I About to Embark on a Glorious Disaster?

    Husband and I fill our freezer with elk every year on public. But yeah...it sucks....don't come here....there are no elk! Also, there's no more snow - so no need to drive I70 to ski anymore either. The rock climbing is sub par too, best just go to Yosemite. Craft beer? Also on the outs.

Forum statistics

Threads
120,123
Messages
2,250,463
Members
39,096
Latest member
Zmt406
Back
Top