I took an old Dutch oven back to looking new with a wire brush. Then went at it with scotch brite pads to get the swirl marks out. Reseasoned and it has been back in use since.
How small of a property? Just need to sit travel corridors between the food and bedding. If you are only catching him once a week, that is not his core area, it’s the fringe he uses when he is not in his core. He is a 160” class deer.
Decided to pull the plug on our late season Coues deer in AZ. Over Christmas to Jan 1 was going to be our holiday.
If there are any disabled. Ets who want a coues tag please PM me, I have 3 we are donating.
I would bet that price with all this tariff stuff has gone up significantly. The taxidermist was saying his cost on getting the tanning supplies in was up to 500. I don’t know what it was before, but it was enough of a jump he was complaining about it.
I would spend that in hotels and fuel. I did the math on our trip. $.40 a mile with the suburban. Michigan average for 87 was 4.90 a gallon on this trip.
Skull was 200 to 225.
We added that to the order and it was 175.
2 of the 3 shops have a 18-24 month wait. There is no shortage of bears for them to do. The shop we used does over 100 bears a year.
Yeah, he has to pay for it. ( sort of, I will help him but he doesn’t know that yet) He has a summer job mowing lawns and working with me at the business. I want him to appreciate the work and cost of having mounts.
Stopped to get the bear sealed at a taxidermy shop. We needed to get the hide frozen and he fell in love with this pose. Just wanted that left paw closed to be more natural.
Now he has a lot of lawns to mow but will have a nice bear mount.
We don’t know, think we may just do a euro. The guide shot it afterwards in the jaw / neck and paw. It left a big mess. Not even sure we will be able to do a euro. The hide is a taxidermy practice hide now.
Kinda upset about it, it was a dead bear standing. But, I understand he is...