Recent content by 270elk

  1. 2

    Elk .... Let's see them!!!

    Yep, many animals started lining up 2X2 looking for the ark! I rained for hours
  2. 2

    Elk .... Let's see them!!!

    Another Old man, old cartridge, old cow (I think). This year I drew a Wyoming cow elk tag and was successful. At 76 I plan on a few more years of this great sport.My rifle is a wood stocked Kimber Classic Select with a VXIII 4.5x14. The Kimber is chambered in 270 Winchester, shooting 140 Federal...
  3. 2

    Is chasing Wyoming permits worth it?

    Developing a plan is key to hunting in Wyoming. It took me 12 points to get a bull of a lifetime. During that timeframe I took 6 cows, 3 antelope, and one nice mule deer. Was the wait worth it? For me yes!
  4. 2

    Wyoming Girl, 12, Stuns With One-Shot Kill From 600 Yards To Bag Huge Elk

    The emphasis of the post is a 600 yd shot. Not impressed! Teach her to stalk, to hunt, and respect the game. Would we be reading about a gut shot elk because a puff of wind blew the bullet off target. The adults in charge of this cluster should be ashamed.
  5. 2

    As they lay

    2025 Wyoming bull
  6. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    thank you
  7. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    I'm just going with a European mount. One exercise that really helps me is yoga twice a week, light weights twice a week (hight reps) biking, hiking and swimming for cardio. Good luck
  8. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    Thank you
  9. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    thank you
  10. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    Thank you so much.
  11. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    No< I bought is separately
  12. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

  13. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    Yep, it just works. With the right bullet wow!
  14. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    Yes, it broke the shoulder and exited behind the opposite shoulder
  15. 2

    Old man, old cartridge, old elk

    I think Sako uses a 1:11 twist. I really don't care, it is very accurate with anything I put through it. I was using a 165 Swift Scirocco which is devastating. Nope, I am a 270 guy.
Back
Top